Chapter 12

It had been a week and I was now at school and I was late to chemistry as I had to go to the bathroom but I wasn't really bothered.

I stopped walking when I heard my phone ringing.

I was confused when I saw Julies name on the screen so I quickly answered it.

"Hey Julie."

"Hi Lexi, you got a minute?" she asked.

"Yeah, is everything okay?" I ask cautiously.

"Well actually I have some news" she said and I felt a knot form in the pit of my stomach along with a thick lump in my throat.

"W-what is it?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"I just wanted to let you know that someone paid Marcus's bail and he's in the process of being released" she said and It felt like my heart stopped.

"I don't know what's going to happen yet, but he may try to take custody over you however I'm not sure if he will be able to but I wanted to let you know and I'll give you a call if I hear anything else okay" she said.

I couldn't form a proper sentence so all I replied with was a simple "okay."

"Alright Lexi, I'll keep you updated." she hung up and leaned onto the wall behind me.

I was in shock and complete disbelief.

He's getting out. In a matter of hours.

Oh God.

He's going to come after me.

He's going to kill me.

I felt my breathing speed up and I knew I was on the verge of a panic attack.

I gotta get out of here. Now.

I felt a few tears escape my eyes as I hurriedly walked through the hallway.

I was in a complete daze when I walked straight into someone's chest and was caught by a pair of hands before I fell to the ground.

"Be careful Lexi, you could have gotten hurt-" I looked up to see Noah with a concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay? What happened?" he asked as he stared at my panicked face.

"Why are you crying?" Lucas said from beside Noah.

"I- I um" I couldn't breath. I felt like I was suffocating.

"Shit" I heard Noah say to himself and felt him pulling me down the hall and into an empty classroom.

"Noah, I can't breath" my chest continued to become tighter as I tried to get some air into my burning lungs.

He sat me on the edge of a desk on bent down to look at my face.

"Lexi, listen to me you need to focus on something else okay."

I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped the edge of the table until my knuckles turned white and tried to focus my thought onto something else, anything else but it wasn't working, nothing was working.

"Hey look at me."

I looked into his eyes as tears began to fill my own.

"your okay, I'm right here."

Noah took my right hand in his and placed it over his heart.

"Focus on my heart beat and match your breathing with mine ".

I did as he said and after a couple of minutes I began to breath normally again.

My eyes met back with Noahs as he placed his other hand on the side of my head.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded and looked to Lucas as he held a water bottle in my direction.

"Thank you," I said with a croaky voice.

I took slow sips and held the bottle in my lap.

"What happened?" Noah asked as he tucked my har behind my ear and lightly rubbed my temple with his thumb.

"M-marcus he-" I cut myself off as my breathing started to pick up.

"Hey hey, it's okay," Noah cooed and pulled me into his chest and rubbed my back comfortingly.

"How about we take you home?"

I nodded and he helped me down from the table.

We went to the front of the school, I was tucked into Noah's side as he messaged Elliott.

"He'll be here in a minute," Noah said and pulled me further into his side.

"Lucas you should stay, " Noah spoke.

"Yeah okay, text me later," Lucas made his way back into the school as Elliott walked out.

"What happened?" Elliott directed he question to Noah.

"She had a panic attack," Noah explained.

Elliott nodded in understanding and took his car keys out of his jacket pocket not asking anymore questions.

I sat in the back with Noah and Elliott drove us home.

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've updated.
I've kinda been more focused on my new book forever lost and a book I haven't published yet.

Hope you guys are all okay, thank you for reading!

Xoxo