The Fallen

Tarlac City Hall
March 20, 2016
Titan's comm logs

An awkward silence. Prodigy has never said a word to me since last night. His eyes were still platinum in color, but his face seemed to have softened a bit. That's a good sign...I think...

As we entered the ruined lobby of the city hall, people stared at us in disbelief. Maybe not at us, but at the cold and lifeless body of Raven resting in my arms as I carried her.

You can hear their murmurs and collective gasps. I guess the fact that one of the strongest soldiers died during the operation is a bit hard to take in.
In an instant, someone came runnning from behind me and planted a well placed punch on Prodigy's face and sent him to the ground hard.

"YOU ASSHOLE! WHY DIDN'T YOU PROTECT HER LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD?!" It was Falcon, Raven's fiancè from before. I think the engagement was off? But looking at his face, he doesn't seem to happy, more like extremely furious.

Prodigy didn't even look at him and just stood up and went onwards. It made Falcon snap, "YOU BASTARD!" he grabbed Prodigy by his collar, "YOU IGNORING ME?! DON'T YOU SEE THAT IT WAS YOUR FRIEND AND MY EX-FIANCÈ WHO DIED?! EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DID SHE DIE?!" Falcon demanded.

Someone from the crowd of onlookers tried to calm Falcon down. He shouted something I couldn't quite get but it sure is harsh to have made everyone flinch except for me.

I looked at Prodigy. He was completely lifeless. His platinum colored eyes completely devoid of energy... it seems he was not just affected by her death, but was extremely affected by it, both psychologically and physically.

Falcon kept shaking him as he demanded for an explanation, but Prodigy was completely silent.
Falcon in his fury drew his weapon and pointed it on Prodigy's head. All the onlookers backed away nervously while I tried to calm Falcon down,

"Hey Falcon...we've been through a lot already...can we please put this off until the operation is over?" I said.

"SHUT UP TITAN! THIS IS RAVEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT! OR ARE YOU ALSO NOT THAT AFFECTED?! FIGURES! WHY WOULD YOU CARE? YOU'RE THE BROTHER OF THE SUPREME COMMANDER AND THE STRONGEST REBEL, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM FIGHTING TERRONS RIGHT?!" he said furiously and pressed the barrel of his gun on Prodigy's forehead.

At that instant, I snapped and unintentionally dropped Raven from my arms.
I went towards Falcon filled with rage, then punched him so hard he let go of Prodigy and was sent flying In the opposite direction.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD I BE OK WITH RAVEN'S DEATH?!" I asked furiously.

I didn't know what came over me, but after hearing that from Falcon, I just...bah! I don't know!
But still I continued shouting,

"YOU THINK I GOT IT EASY DURING THE BATTLE?!" I grabbed him by the collar and held him up,

"I WAS IN THE FRONTLINES YOU IDIOT! I FOUGHT BESIDE MY OWN MEN AS THEY WERE SLAUGHTERED ONE BY ONE BY A HORDE OF CLASS S TERRONS!"
he grabbed my wrist,

"But why are you alive then?" he asked with a bleeding mouth.

I stopped. If I think about it, why am I even alive? I should be dead. I should be one of the corpses laying at Zone 23...along with my soldiers.
Did Crow, the Tyrant Lord, let me live?
The wounds I sustained were no longer there so I'm not sure...
Just remembering it...the part where I used my last med shot on myself instead of using it on Raven was enough to make me feel terrible...no-horrible would be the apt term...

An intense pain in welled within my chest and I dropped Falcon and went down to my knees and started crying...
Her death...was all my fault...

Then a sudden cry made me stop. Someone was crying for help outside the building. I wiped my tears and went to check, ignoring the ranting of Falcon. Prodigy didn't seem to care so he stayed behind.

When we went out the building, we were surprised to see a blood covered Captain Blade and wounded Commander Gaia dragging someone's body on their shoulders.

Aura, Prodigy's squad medic who arrived shortly after we did, came rushing out the entrance and went to tend to the soldier's wounds.

"Lay him down here. Everyone make room!" he shouted.

I went for a closer look but Captain Blade was standing in the way gripping his gashed arm,

"Damn that monster..." he muttered.

"Monster?" I asked.

He looked at me and with a painful face,

"It was powerful...powerful enough to take on the three of us...we didn't stand a chance..." he said pathetically.

"What was it? Was it a Tyrant Lord?" I asked once more.

He was about to say something when Commander Gaia interrupted,
"No it was not a Tyrant Lord, Titan...this, was way more powerful...it was the 'Human' Terron...the one Blade and I fought two years ago...but is now way stronger..." he retorted.

"I don't understand..." I said.

The commander scoffed and said, "Go there and you would understand how powerful it is..." he said while pointing to where Aura was tending to the man.

Reluctantly, I went to see for myself. If it was able to make the captain and the commander retreat like that...I'm sure as hell it was way stronger than Crow...or did he just hold back?
I shook my head. That's impossible...this one is clearly stronger.

I pushed through the crowd of soldiers that were looking at the man. Somewhere while I was still in the middle of the deadlocked crowd, I heard Aura declare, "He's gone." He raised his hand to signal the result, though I didn't know to whom it was for.

The crowd gasped and started murmuring to each other. Then some dispersed and went away muttering, "Impossible...how could it do that?"

As the crowd dispersed, I was able to see the fallen soldier. My eyes slowly opened wide in disbelief..
What they were muttering is true...this was impossible to believe...

The one who died and was now laying on a stretcher on the ground...was none other than-

"No way, Commander...Glacial..."