Chapter 11: Unforgivable

"I could be good, but I like my sins. Heaven locked the door, they won't let me in. You won't save my soul. I'm unforgivable." ~Lestley Renaldo Jr. Pierce & Matthew Todd Naylor

-

"He is here." Jungkook's lips whispered against Jimin's forehead.

"I felt him too," Jimin whispered back without as much as batting one eyelid open. "What do we do?"

Jungkook's lips stayed pressing to Jimin's forehead as his arms protectively tightened around him. "We go to him."

Jimin couldn't but lift his head at that, worry written in his eyes and furrowed brows. 

Jungkook wanted them to go and face his father instead of flying away from him. 

It was madness.

"You trust me?" Jungkook hurried to add before Jimin could open his pretty mouth to object.

Jimin's eyes softened. "You know that I do." Jimin tilted his head and brought one hand to caress Jungkook's one cheek lovingly and while smiling somewhat smugly down at him for what he had to add next. "Maybe more than I should."

Jungkook couldn't find it in himself to not let out a pleased guffaw. "Is that so?"

Jimin vigorously nodded for some good dramatic majors before going to adorably snuggle forward against Jungkook's chest.

"Can't we just go somewhere else?" Jimin suggested as he further went to nuzzle against Jungkook's neck. "Let's just go to your world. You said he already went there to search."

Jungkook's chest puffed in a deep, burning, inhale. "I don't want you there."

"Why?" Jimin calmly asked, adjusting his weight onto Jungkook's lap a little as Jungkook's uneasiness was making him uncomfortable.

Jungkook patted Jimin to his scruff to stop him from moving on top of him. "It's too dark for you there."

Jimin stayed silent and thinking for a little while. But sooner than later he came to the conclusion that he truly didn't mind what Jungkook had said at all. If they were to stay here in the light, his father was to separate them in the end anyway.

"I don't mind that." Jimin shook his head. "I'd rather be in the dark with you than in a lonely light."

Jimin felt Jungkook physically going stiff under him. So he slowly dug up his face from his hiding place to smile, beautifully and brightly down at Jungkook, with his crescents and all appearing only to light up Jungkook's whole being.

"Jungkook..." Jimin sat up straighter, and Jungkook followed even that slight movement of his, not wanting Jimin to get away from his lap and arms.

Jimin understood and stayed where he was, with each one leg on either side of Jungkook. He only brought his hands up to cup Jungkook's face, softly and carefully as if holding something precious, something so dear to his heart, a treasure like no other, his life itself.

"I don't think I can live without you."

While uttering those words, the knowing lines grooved in between Jimin's eyebrows. The prospect of ever having to live without Jungkook was cutting him deep, even if still only in thoughts and theory.

Closing his eyes and sighing shakily, Jimin joined his forehead to Jungkook's, failing miserably to feel the reason behind the latter's total and utter freeze.