I'm sorry

I lay in bed thinking about it. About the lack of sparks.

What does it mean? Is Bruce still living here? Maybe I can talk to him. I got out of bed, instinctively walking towards the lab.

Once I reached there, I knocked on the door and didn't get an answer, so I leaned against the door. Bruce opened the door so I fell against him, both of us landing on the floor, me on top of him.

"Well, hi." He smirked at me.

I got up quickly, blushing because I was so embarrassed. I scratched the back of my neck, suddenly finding the ground very interesting. "Bruce, c-can I talk to you?"

He looked surprised at me, usually I'm loud and he's never heard me stutter.

"Kat, it's 12:30. Are you okay?"

I nodded but then shook my head. "Yes, no, I don't know."

"What's wrong?" Concern flooded his voice.

I told him about everything, ending with how I didn't feel any sparks. "Does it mean I don't love him? Does it mean we're not right for each other?"

Bruce sighed and shook his head. "I really don't know, Kat."

My eyes began to tear up at the idea of hurting Steve and Bruce noticed. "Come here." I walked over to him and he wiped a stray tear off my face.

I leaned into him and he hugged me while I cried. I started feeling tired while still leaning against him and I think he figured that out when I yawned.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the couch, sitting down. I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Maybe you aren't in love with Steve. Maybe you're only in love with the idea of Steve."

I thought about this and soon fell asleep.

*le morning*
"Bruce? Have you seen Kitten?" Well, Steve, just wake me up! I decided to just stay where I was because, to be honest, I am very comfortable.

Bruce makes for a good pillow.

"Sh, Steve. You'll wake her up." Too late for that. Might as well get up now.

"Good morning, dumbasses. How are you all?" Steve looked kinda pissed and Bruce looked kinda worried but both looked happy when I spoke up

Steve came over and hugged me. "Morning beautiful. Can I just ask, was there a reason you slept with Bruce?"

Is Steve jealous?

I thought about it before answering, tweaking the truth a little. "Yeah, I was upset last night and you were sleeping so I went to see Bruce."

He nodded, accepting my answer. "Okay. Hey, Kat?"

I looked up at him and he smiled at me.

"I love you."

I have to tell him. I have to tell him, don't I? Should I?

"Steve, I'm sorry. I don't think I love you." He looked so hurt. Oh god, I have to fix this.

"I mean, I do love you but not this way. I think I love you more as a friend."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

I nodded. "It's for the best. There's no point in dragging this on if it's going nowhere."

He nodded, gave me one last kiss, said goodbye and left. I think we were together for 4 days and it's already over.

I went into the kitchen to find dad cooking something. Who the hell let him cook? He isn't able to cook!

"Hey, sweetie. Are you okay?"

I sat down at the table and sighed. "No," I have an idea! "Daddy?"

He looked up at me in surprise and suspicion. "Can we go to LA maybe?"

"Why do you want to go to LA, Kat?"

I shrugged. "Steve and I broke up and I want to get away. OH MY GOD! Can Bruce come too?"

Dad looked surprised at my outburst, "Why Bruce? Why not Aoife?"

"Aoife is staying with her family! She ditched me, for her parents! And her brother who isn't even cool!"

"You've never met her brother."

"Don't care. He isn't cool."

Dad gave me a look. I don't know what look it was but he gave me a look. "Go pack, we'll convince Bruce to come and we'll leave in a few hours."

Hey penguins!
I'm such a bitch, I know! I'm sorry, okay? Okay.
Ohhhh, LA! I've always wanted to go to LA.
-Milly