Book 4 Chapter 22 The begining of the end

Do you ever wonder what's the point? Because I do. What's the point in living in a world without the person you were there to live for?

The days after Cedric's death were the hardest. I missed his presence and his warm smile after my hard days. I missed my best friend.

"Blue, are you coming?" Del asked from the door way of our dormitory.

"I don't think I can." I whispered staring at her through my mirror.

"Well tough luck, your coming!" Mione persisted as she exited the bathroom.

She pulled my arm and dragged me out of the dormitory door, the cold air from the unlit fireplaces hitting me.

"Please, I don't want to." I moaned as she pulled me out of the portrait hole.

I had only spoken to Del, Gin and Mione since Cedric's death and had been completely silent around others so the awkward looks I was getting as they dragged me to the great hall were not appreciated.

"Your going to have to face life at some point Blue, you can't keep yourself locked up in our room forever."

"But".

"No buts!" Del shouted before she pushed open the double doors to the great hall.

The hall was more or less full with the chirps of the students dying down as they laid eyes on me.

I wasn't looking at them though, instead my gaze was at the ceiling.

On the candle I had become so familiar to, the flickering candle which was now burnt out.

A wave of guilt ran through me and then my mind was took over by the image that I had replayed in my mind for so long.

Me crying over someone's body, my screams reflecting my pain and my body trembling.

The body I had believed to be Harry's in the distant future, but instead the body of Cedric in the near past.

"Blue, are you ok?" Ron asked. He was now stood next to me with a hand on my back.

I was now aware of the tears in my eyes and everyone's faces on me.

"No, I'm not. He's gone Ron and he's never coming back." I cried as I looked at the people in front of me.

I was to upset to be embarrassed and I just couldn't keep up the confident girl act anymore.

I had been broken that day, and I didn't have a clue how to mend myself.

I buried my face in my twins chest and sobbed. I felt other people come to join me but I had my eyes closed tightly.

This was the end of my life. But only the beginning of the war.

Thanks for reading!
I know it is a super short chapter but that is the end of the goblet of fire bit.
If you have read this far, thank you so much!
Comment and vote ❤️