Chapter 3 - Beatrix

Beatrix was snuggled under the covers with her favorite purple stuffed panda, Violet.

And then, the window creaked open.

Beatrix gasped and jumped out of bed, hands splayed out in front of her, ready to fight.

And YES, she DID know how to fight even though she didn't take martial arts. So, basically she was self-taught.

Then the person jumped into her bedroom.

And it was that boy.

From the museum.

The one who's hair looked like a mop.

Beatrix straightened up and hesitantly asked, "Why are you here?"

"Don't ask. No one knows that I'm here, and be a little more quiet!" The boy whispered-hissed.

Beatrix smirked, "Oh really? So, should I talk LIKE THIS!" she shouted.

The boy's eyes widened and he ducked closer to the ground.

"Oh and by the way, you never told me what you're ACTUAL name was. Talk about rude."

The boy seemed to be distracted as he stared out the window and answered, "Keefe." Then he looked back at Beatrix and quickly corrected himself, "Oh, I mean, LORD HUNKYHAIR!"

Beatrix studied him, "Mhm, totally."

She was about to ask Keefe why he was staring out the window, but when she opened her mouth Keefe yelped, "STOP!"

And then, she froze.

She couldn't feel, she couldn't speak, she couldn't hear, she couldn't breathe.

How was she still alive?

But she could still think.

A headache was clawing into her mind, distrustful and painful at first, but slowly it comforted her and took over her consciousness.

Her memory was clouded over with pain, pain, and more pain even though she felt calm and relaxed.

And then it all abruptly ended.

She could see, she could hear and she could speak.

What had happened?

And where did that boy go?

Beatrix searched around the room and finally found him on the floor, huddled and tucked inside a little nook between the window seat and the bed.

Beatrix asked, "So... what happened?"

She raised her eyebrows and waited for an answer to come.

Keefe mumbled under his breath, "I didn't know it worked on humans."

"What?? What worked on humans?? And aren't you a human too? Oh jeez, can you just explain what's happening!" Beatrix declared, as she threw her hands up into the air, clearly confused.

And then he said those three words that completely changed Beatrix's life FOREVER.

"I'm an elf."