Chapter 4: Jealousy

Jealousy

It's probably the second most dangerous things next to love. It can control your mind and can make your heart swell with pain and hatred.

And that's what Kirino feels right now. He knew that Akane has feelings for Shindou all this time and the way the latter treats the girl- he's sure that they have mutual feelings for each other.

"Shindou was straight! And he probably likes Akane too" He thought with a frown on his face.

***

One them, Kirino and the team went to practice for their upcoming match.

Kirino is one of the defender and he is having an one on one battle with Kyousuke.

Though Kyousuke was really good at playing soccer and passing through the defense was a piece of cake for him, Kirino sure is a good defender too.

But for some strange reason, Kyousuke could easily pass through Kirino's defense, easier than usual.

And although he is expecting such victory, he just knew that something was up.

The defender was out of his mind. It was their breaktime and the striker asked about it.

"Kirino!" The striker called out, handing him a bottle of water.

"Ahh.. Kyousuke! Can I help you?" The defender asked with a smile which quickly faded after Kyousuke spoke again.

"Do you have any problem?" The defender looked away from his senior's interrogating eyes.

"Ahh...what do you mean?" He tried to play it cool but his senior wasn't buying it.

"I mean.. it's normal for me to ruin your defense easily.. but, I can feel that something is bothering you. Do you have any problem you're facing on your own?" The nonchalant expression on Kyousuke's face says otherwise- he's actually getting kind of worried, especially that their match is coming and one of their bestest defender is acting up.

"Ahh...uhmm..nothing." The defender responded, still refusing to say anything to his senior.

"Okay, I'll accept that answer. But always remember that if you have any problem, just say it to me, to us, okay? I'm here to listen!" Kirino just smiled. He appreciated his friends more than ever, but to his dismay.. he feels like it would be just a burden.

"Okay! Thank you.. but I don't have any problem, I'll take your advice if only I had some..." It's not like Kyousuke believed him, but he decided that he'll give him some time.

"Well, if it's that so.. you should practice more often. I suggest you make me sweat a little bit more in the game." The senior said in which Kirino laughed.

"Yea yea, whatever!"

Kyousuke's POV

Hmm.. I wonder what is bothering Kirino.

He's that type of defender that will never give up on defending the goal.

But why did he seem so exhausted? And sad? I can see it through his eyes..

"Tsurugi! Yah!" A familliar voice called out for my name. I sighed as soon as I turned to look at him.

Well, I shouldn't bother to mind someone else's problem.

I have a date with by baby, anyway.