Chapter 7: Boyfriend or Friend?

*Akane's POV*

I'm sad, is Shindou really avoiding me?

He even invited Kirino. It then came clear to me- my crush likes my bestfriend.

Maybe I'm just.. not pretty enough.

As these anxious thoughts seemed to drown me, I wasn't able to help myself from crying.

"Anything wrong?" Kyousuke approached me, then asked. I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Nothing.." I answered him with a lie.

"Stop lying! Such a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be crying..." He tried to comfort me. But at this point, I was hopeless.

"Who said Im pretty?" I said, trying to hold my tears.

"Oh? have you ever looked at the mirror? Or you don't have any?" He teased with his signature smirk.

It was at that time that I broke down. I can no longer hold it, so I just let myself cry in front of my friend. My friend who hugged me, holding me against his chest to comfort me somehow.

"Shhh, let them be. He's just not for you..." He reassured me. At this moment I just wished that it was Shindou hugging me. But I need to stop daydreaming.

Kyousuke gently stroked my hair, making me feel relaxed. I realized that he's pretty smart too- he knows what was happening.

"K-kyousuke?"

"Yes."

"Don't tell this to Kirino, keep it as a secret will you?" I asked him a favour in which he smiled gently in return.

"Okay.. but promise me, when you're ready, you will fix this..." He said. I nodded and he pulled me back into a hug. "Relax your self, we need you for our upcoming match." His words made me feel so happy. I was relieved realizing I still have worth.

"Okay..."

"Be brave!" He cupped my face and made me look in his eyes. "Smile for me..." He said and my cheeks flushed red because of his sharp wolf eyes staring at mine.

"Please don't do this, you will make me fall for you. I don't want to pick over relationship or friendship anymore...it's too hard." I said and he burst out laughing. I hit him in his arms which made him stop.

"No one can resist my handsome face.. now, can you?" He teased as he leaned closer to me. I puckered my lips playfully and he laughed again. "Shit! Don't joke with me like that because I will really kiss you!"

"Ewww!" I exclaimed while laughing with him. Suddenly, he stopped laughing and looked at me.

"There.. now you're happy again- you're beautiful again.."