Chapter 1

I sit in my room in bed, at night. It was before my dad came home from the bar, drunk. I was scared, but I needed to be strong. I was alone at home.

All I could think about who I was. My name is Anna Palmer, I'm 16 years old. I'm an only child, my mom died a year ago of lung cancer. My dad spends his time at work, and the bar. Then he gets home drunk, and yells at me for an hour, telling me I'm worthless, a bunch of crap, a waste of time, nothing but a bitch, stuff like that. Sometimes he slaps me, telling me to shut up.

I have no friends at school, rumors roaming around. I have terrible grades, no one likes me. I just stay quiet letting everything run past me.

The front door opens with a slam, daddy's home. I can hear him step on the stairs to my room. My dad opens the door, sees me and scowls. My face has no emotion, I don't want him to know how I feel, he'll use it against me.

"What you looking at bitch?" He asked, holding whisky in his hand, taking sips every few seconds. I say nothing and just look at him.

"Answer me!" He yells, throwing his hands in the air. I jump from the sound of his voice. He walks up to me and grabs my shirt. "Answer me you worthless piece of trash."

Still I say nothing, he lightens his grip and looks down my shirt, he smiles and looks at me. My eyes fill with tears, I'm terrified.

"Well, how about we have some fun since we're here." He says in his gruff deep voice. He hobbles out of my room.
   "Come downstairs, now!" He orders, I hesitantly walk down to see my dad on the couch, his drink on the coffee table.

"Come here." He said softly. I stepped back, accidentally showing weakness. He became angry, and scowled.

"Come here." He yelled angrily. I jumped from his voice, I slowly walked to the couch, keeping my head down. I then stood by the couch, he glared up at me.

"Sit." He ordered, I sat, but as far as I could away from him. He just glared at me, he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. Then he whispered in my ear.

"You are mine, you will do what I say, or I'll do more than have fun , with you." He snickered. I struggled to get away. Anger boiled under my skin, I sent my free hand flying till it hit its mark. My dad face turned red, he tightened his grip until it hurt. Then he pounced on me, making me hit my head on the floor. He pinned me down with all his weight. I struggled but it was no use. He then held my arm with his leg, his hand went under my shirt. I started to kick until I kicked his groin. He got off of me and whined. I got up and just as I was about to run he grabbed my foot making me fall, I kicked his nose, breaking it. I got up again and ran out the door. I didn't stop running until I realized I was in the woods behind my house. I didn't care I kept running.

I slowed down when I got to an old run down house. I look behind me, to see no one, but it's still night time. I hesitate to head inside. I walk to the front door, but to see it open. I knock as I enter.

"He-hello?" I stammer. I get no answer, who would live out here anyway. I shut the door behind me, it shuts with a creak. The house must've been abandoned years ago, it was old and really dusty. I look around till I was tired, then I head upstairs to search for somewhere to sleep. I'm not going back there, where my dad was probably waiting to kill me. I look in every room to find the beds all gone and old. But when I got to the room at the end of the hallway, the bed looked brand new. I got in the bed not caring what was in it. I tried to think of happy thoughts, but none came to mind. Then I remembered the look in my dad's eyes, they were crazy, and wild, ready to kill. I started to cry, I missed my mom, she was a sweet woman. My dad was a decent man before, now, my mom's death ruined him. It ruined me. I finally fell asleep.