𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

( — NINE ; A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE )

WAKING up to an aching feeling lingering to your systems feels like hell. No, scratch that, it is hell.

I was dismissed from missions ever since the swordsmith village casualty, and I wasn't happy about it at all. I didn't know what happened next, and I was practically quarantined in the Butterfly Estate, as per order by Shinobu-san.

"I will whip you with your own sword if you even try to escape," she had warned me before leaving me to my misery as I rested. I couldn't tell if she was serious or just threatening me, which sparked my nervousness.

So here I was, stranded in the Butterfly Estate. Kanao and Aoi were tasked to guard the exits, and I felt like my life turned to a maximum-security prison.

I think the reason why Shinobu-san was doing all this effort of forcing me to rest was because Mitsuri probably told her how much I trained. I trained every spare second of every spare day I could get, and although I didn't go as far as to cough blood like Muichiro, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

"Mila-chan, here's some sushi that me and Aoi-san made!" Kiyo squeaked, her pretty braids lying against her shoulders and chest. She handed me a medium-sized plate with the meal. "Do you want some wasabi?"

"No, thank you." I wasn't a really big fan of spicy stuff, so I simply requested some soy sauce.

After finishing the food, Kanao came in to check in on me, and she took her time to clean up my bed, help me to the bathroom when needed, and brushed my hair. I had a small limp in my step since three poisoned needles were injected to my left thigh.

"Say, K-Kanao, who killed t-the Upper Mo-Moon Four?"

"Didn't Master or Mitsuri-sama tell you? It was Tokitou-san who assisted in the fight. He's in another room as we speak, but he wasn't as badly damaged as you."