Toppat Life

Henry seemed to have no reaction.

So Charles went for it.

"You're insane! What makes you so done with life that you decide to abandon your morals?! All you do is steal, kidnap, and murder people! What made you like this, Henry..?"

"Well, the government is the same," Henry pointed out. "You steal other people's possessions and kidnapped me, and you kill hundreds on just a simple mission."

"We do it for better reasons!" Charles argued. "We're the good guys! We only steal other people's stuff if it's dangerous, we kidnapped you to keep everyone else safe, and we kill bad people that could hurt the public!"

"You put me in danger, many times," Henry continued. "Not only that, but you kidnapped me from my own life to steal. You can't accuse us of the same things you do."

"We keep people safe! Besides, you had a criminal record before this! We were trying to help you and the public!"

"Charlie, tell me this."

Henry stepped closer to Charles and held his hand in his own.

"Is the safety of the public more important than the importance of one person?"

Charlie's throat became dry.

Sure, they did treat certain people differently than some others, but if he admitted it, Henry would twist it into some sort of... Worse form.

But denial would get him nowhere.

So he stayed silent.

"That's what I thought." Henry stepped away and nodded to Ellie. "What I'm doing isn't cruel, Charlie. It's called karma. You kidnapped and used me, so... I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine."

Henry and Ellie started to walk again, but then the leader stopped and looked over his shoulder at Charles, who was still shaken by having the truth he never realized handed to him.

"Take nothing of it personally, Charlie," he said. "You're just... Valuable to have."

Charles wanted to rush up and take him out, but with Ellie right there, he'd be killed immediately.

So he just sighed and followed the Toppat duo.