roommates

"Hello." someone said as you heard a door lightly close.

You looked up quickly to see a tall boy, brown hair, and brown eyes. "H-hi." you responded a bit startled by his presence. He was intimidating and looked so disheveled. Almost lost?

"Guessing you're the new girl." the boy added on as he stepped closer to you. "I'm Wilbur." he said while extending his hand out in front of you. "Eden." you replied while placing your hand in his. His grip was, soft yet so stern. Wilbur led the hand shake and lightly bobbed both of your hands up and down.

"There's already so many rumors about you." Wilbur added while releasing his grip from your hand.   "R-really?" you asked shocked. Why would people make things up so quickly they don't know me, you thought to yourself.

"Yeah." Wilbur replied bluntly. The room fell to an awkward silence. You thought about what to do to break it but, nothing came to mind. Instead, you awkwardly shifted to face one of your bags, roughly unzipped it and pulled out some clothes. You stood to place your feet on the matted brown carpet.

You walked over to the only storage available, a small white dresser. You placed your grip on the odd handles, and pulled the drawer open. "I- uh-  W-wilbur, your stuff is h-here." you pathetically stuttered out to Wilbur. "Yeah, only one place to put clothes so, make room." he replied in a soft but confident tone.

You reached into the drawer and moved aside his shirts, sticking in your own things. You felt his eyes glued onto you as you transfered the clothes to the drawers.

"Ok Eden I want to- oh looks like you've already met!" Samantha said loudly as she walked back into the room. "Well, I was going to introduce you two but, you beat me to it!" she added on while writing something down on her clipboard.

"Wilbur, if you show her around I'll get you extra pudding at lunch." Samantha tried convincing him. "Gee." he replied with no emotion in his voice. Why would she bribe him with food? You thought while studying the interaction.

"I don't want stupid pudding but I'll do it anyway." Wilbur replied obviously. "Let's go." he added on while slightly stepped forward. You matched his actions and walked out the room together.

You both started walking down the long narrow hallway. Both of your footsteps slightly echoing with ever move you made.

"LUNCH, LUNCH!!!!" someone yelled out. "God, come!" Wilbur exclaimed while throwing his hands up. "The tour is gonna have to wait I guess." he said in a defeated tone. Wilbur started walking quickly toward the cafeteria. You were a bit lost but, followed behind him closely. You both came up to swinging doors, Wilbur slammed against the door with his shoulder letting you in behind him.

As soon as you walked through the doors you were greeted by people sitting, standing in line, and throwing things. "Wh-" you tried asking Wilbur when he interrupted quickly. "Just follow me, don't worry." he said calmly.

Wilbur grabbed your hand firmly. Your first instinct would of been to pull away but, this time you didn't, something about him told you not to pull away. He led you through the small crowd of people and placed you in line with him. The line was moving fairly quickly and eventually, you both got to the front. "Just say your name and, they'll give you a number." Wilbur added quickly.

"I- uh- E-eden Davidson." you stuttered out to the lunch lady. She didn't reply instead, she typed quickly into the computer and clicked on some things, "4325, remember that for next time." she added in quickly. You gave an understanding nod and moved along the line. You picked up the closest tray and cringed at the amount of food on it.

You stood behind Wilbur waiting for him to sit down with you. "Come on." He said while nudging your arm with his elbow. You followed closely behind him as he sat at a table. "Here I learned this trick." Wilbur abruptly started saying. He opened the juice box and shook it lightly. "See it's half empty." he added on while ripping the straw off the small box.

Wilbur grabbed the spoon and scooped up a bit of mashed potatoes. He took a careful look around the room and and dunked the potatoes in the juice box. "Just keep doing that and then it'll look like you ate." he said while doing the same thing to his food.

"Please remember! When you are done with your food! Let the staff mark you off!!" someone shouted over all the people trying their hardest to eat. "Wilbur-" you softly tried to talk to him. "Call me Wil, it's easier." he interrupted while turning to face you.

"O-ok, Wil, what d-do I do if I don't wan-na eat this?" you asked nervously. "You'll get marked incomplete and then get extra one-on-one therapy." he replied while pushing away his tray.

"Well I don't wanna eat this shit either so, we'll both get incomplete." Wilbur added on while quickly picking up his tray and standing up. "Lets go." he calmly said. You scrambled to pick up your tray and stand but eventually, you did.

Wilbur led the way through the crowd. He brought you both to the front of the cafeteria, ready to be marked off. You both stood in the long line of people waiting to get to the table in the very front. "When you're at the front say your name." Wilbur abruptly said while subtly throwing some food off his tray and onto the floor.

Eventually, you got to the front. "Eden Davidson." you softly spoke to the people sitting at the tables. They didn't reply instead, they wrote your name down and took your tray. You walked out the cafeteria and stood in the hallway awkwardly, waiting for Wilbur.

He quickly walked out the cafeteria and stood in front of you. He towered over you. "Time for the tour I guess." Wilbur calmly said as he walked along the hall.

1036 words
this was kinda a filler but not really
next chapter will be a bit more exciting 😼😼