6. Team 10

A/N: I don't really enjoy writing this chapter as i did for the previous one but i can't skip it for the plot. T^T Enjoy anyway!

***

"Where did you hear about that?"

I couldn't tell if Minato was wary or simply curious. The reaper death seal was an S rank fuinjutsu from the Uzumaki clan. It's considered a kinjutsu- a forbidden technique. While it's not common to the ear, I on the other hand had known a bit from my embedded memories. Though it was not quite accurate, i was sure that this seal is actually the secret technique of the Uzumaki. Someone like me shouldn't have even heard of this without proper research and experience. It's no wonder that Minato seemed stupefied.

I was dumb to not think of an excuse earlier. I was hesitant to answer but he seemed to grasp the situation as he didn't wait for my reply.

"It's a pretty complicated technique and requires a lot more preparations than you think. But you got that one right. The soul sacrifice is equivalent to the chakra needed for the seal to succeed. Depending on the chakra- if the size is big, then one soul might not suffice."

What was i thinking? The kyuubi, Kurama's chakra was overwhelming. Anyone can tell. That was why Minato had to sacrifice himself to seal Kurama inside of Naruto. I didn't understand why hearing this disappoint me.

"I don't know where you heard of this but the seal is only used when in dire situations. The consequences for releasing and using it are big. Thus the reason it's called a kinjutsu."

"I see.. thank you Minato-san. I've learned a lot."

***

Usually one wouldn't unlock the sharingan until it's triggered by traumatic events or loved ones being killed. At the age of four, a miracle happened and fate has been siding with me yet. It's somehow awakened when i started to receive the dreams of my past life. Perhaps it was another side effect that i had to carry with me beside the memories.

I never really explained to my father about this- maybe that's another reason why he's wary of my surroundings. A child who rarely leave the compound and barely ever gain any friends at all suddenly manifests the sharingan. It's illogical. Or perhaps not really that impossible. Nevertheless, i'm glad it did because father wouldn't have allowed me to enter the academy otherwise.

I currently possessed two tomoe. It wasn't something to be proud about but i knew i was close to perfect it. Shisui has been supervising my training regime since the day after my birthday celebration. Unlike how it used to be, i had quite a few breaks between my schedule and he would repeat the same exact words everytime.

"Rest is important for your body. You have to balance between hardworking and a proper break since it'll help your muscle from breaking down. Many regard this as trivial matter but it's actually quite the opposite." Shisui would've made a perfect teacher if he was alive. He was far from an Uchiha Obito who's as reckless as i do. He's truly amazing, just like how Madara was as a child. "Also, you need to get a good sleep and enough nutrition." The boy smiled gently, earning a nod from me. He must've noticed the bag under my eyes from lack of sleep. It was unavoidable, i had nightmares and it was getting worse. I wish it would end already.

Shisui cleared his throat, "Your graduation exam is tomorrow, are you prepared?"

"Yes."

"Aren't you excited?"

"Not really." Was my simple answer. It's true that becoming a genin is the minor part of my plan, however there was something that has been bugging me all morning. Graduating and being a genin means that i'll be facing some lower rank missions before i can get out of the village to find Madara. I've not a clue to his whereabouts and it's rising my anxiety again. D-rank missions aren't even a proper shinobi's job or at least what i thought. But then again, it goes against my principles that what we're taught is necessary to take notes. At this point everything would go againts what i believed. A sigh escaped my mouth.