4. Restless

Eventhough opening my eyes would obviously mean that i'm letting the light entered my sight, i was so frustrated that it didn't exactly happen to me. It was instead, very dark. As if i just entered deep into a void. I just lost one of my light.

I couldn't stop my stare from the body under the white sheet as people around me had their heads lowered, respecting the dead. Under that white big sheet was a paled, lifeless body of one of ours, Madara's brother, Izuna. I could feel the chilling cold air taking over. Everyone was in black, some cried and some just quietly mourned. No one was smiling.

My eyes then wandered around, searching for my beloved elder brother. I was hoping to see his face although i wasn't expecting anything.

He wasn't there. Where could he be?

I closed my eyes tight.

Rest well, Izuna.

I never saw Madara again after that.. I didn't think it would be my last time..

***

Lightning cracks the sky and the sound pierced my ears.

Sitting down the edge of the cliff, i heaved a sigh of relief. The dull gray clouds consumed the sky, covering the once bright sun as the sky turned dark. I was drenched in sweat, panting from my hours of practicing Taijutsu and a bit chakra control. It was difficult, maintaining chakra or even keeping my small body with the harsh training i created myself. Adjusting to a new body, not to mention a child's was very tiring. A child would normally take a break in between training except for me. I felt like i couldn't effort to waste much more time as i remembered my dream last night.

I wonder what Madara is doing right now? In that cave. Alone.

My break didn't even last for ten minutes as i tried to find the strength to stand again, taking my position. I took a deep breath.

I weaved the hand sign for my own firestyle jutsu, as fire came bursting out of my mouth in a spiral of bright blinding flame. It was frustratingly small nonentheless. I could feel myself frowning and grunting as i get to the next position for Taijutsu.

There's this strange emotion, the urge to possess something. To grab ahold of the light i had once seen. The warmth i had once felt. No matter how much Father or Mrs. Hanako provided it wasn't enough. No, it wasn't even the same. I know i can't ever see Izuna again. Even so i believed that my last option was to at least meet Madara again. He's still alive.

I must hurry. My legs swung in the air. Quickly. My hands formed into a fist as i jabbed it forward towards nothing. Faster. I jumped and spun my leg in the air again before landing on the ground with a slide. Reckless. That would be me when someone could see me today.

"What are you doing here training alone?" A voice came from behind. It was Obito.

I stopped on my track, greeting him with a low bow as i try to catch my breath.

"It's going to rain. Shouldn't you go home?"

"I'm going to practice a bit more."

Obito stared at me for awhile before he scratched his head, "How about i join you as a partner?"

I didn't expect him to say that. Isn't he's here to stop me from overtraining myself? Then again, perhaps he understood the meaning to get stronger, better than anyone else and proving himself worthy. He's another hardworker and i respected him for that.

"Okay." I replied, smiling faintly as he nodded, putting on his big goggles.

The pleasant scent of petrichor filled the air, signalling us that it would definitely rain.