Ch-19 The Monsters we fear

Those black colored wings were flinging flames of fire. Almost every candidate who was leading the front lines were vanished in a second. Every single cell of my body was telling me to get away from its way. Manav was stuck mid-air, watching the havoc it was making. I reached to him with my hoverboard and shook his stiff body.

"This is not the time to stand still like this. Get out of your trance, bastard. We should do something before it gets to us all." I felt his whole body shaking while the creature soared high in the sky.

He removed his mask and I saw the expression I thought is impossible on the face of someone like Manav; the expression of pure fear.

"I- I know what it is. It is my nightmare. Thee demon I created in my anger when I was 12-years old kid, because of the people who destroyed my everything. Those humans made my parents suffer and took over my clan. Whenever I was beaten, I made a drawing of those humans getting devoured by this monster. Those black flames don't just burn thee body but thee soul too. Thee perfect entity of fear- Narka I called thy."

A huge roar clashed with my eardrums, backing up my worry even more. I wasn't feeling any fear, but the aura around it was simply devastating.

It had 3 heads, Crimson scales covering its whole hazel brown body, with golden wings and pointed tail. It looked like a mutant directly jumped out of a fantasy movie with sci-fi elements.

Looks like I have to do something. I can't let anyone down this time.

I started flying up and up to the heights from where I could see the blunt monster. There was no opening at all. There were 3 heads, so no point to attack them. He could see me the moment any head trying to look up above. I started gazing it for a weakness more and more. Suddenly, people started shouting at me to help them.

Damn someone saw me.

It was already late as the monster first ingulfed everyone in the mid-lines with his flames, then started looking upwards, directly towards me. It immediately got alerted and started soaring towards me with full speed.

It is coming towards me. What should I do?

Yeah, dodge and ru-

It was already in front of me when I just was thinking. Wasting no time, it tried to replenish my existence with those black flames.

"I am fed up of being a coward now. I can help you too. I can help everyone too!!", said Ajay while holding onto the shield around me.

Narka was pushing both of our powers with its flames. I was trying my best to retaliate and run but the flames were exceptionally powerful. Ajay's power level seemed not enough to protect me from flames so I can move away. I started chanting some unholy swears in the name of Diya for sending me here.

That brat intentionally sent me here to get me eliminated.
She must have got the idea of the danger we all are going to.
She must have sensed these roars but didn't tell any of us.

"Get some consciousness in your damn head Manav!!" I shouted with all my remaining might while Narka was still throwing flames at me.

I started getting exhausted slowly while Ajay was coming closer to me meter by meter.

"Stay away from here. Do you also want to get eliminated with me?" I shouted at him but he doesn't seem to listen to me and keep progressing near me on his Leprechaun Hoverboard.