Date Night

I was stressing out about what to wear. I was stuck looking at my pants because most were jeans that just weren't right. I wanted to show off my legs, and I only had a few pairs of shorts but Cupid had already seen me in them and they weren't what I was looking for. So I went to Mary and Lady for advice. They took me shopping to a store for humans. Mary was the only one who had to cover up because of the scars and blood on her face, but otherwise we were okay. Mary said a bunch of gay guys had white hair, but I wasn't so sure. She told me I'd just look scene.

So we went to the store and she told me it was for guys just like me. "Twinks," she said.

"What?" I asked.

"Twinks."

"Because I obviously know what those are."

"Twink is a term for the feminine gay guy, like you."

"Feminine?"

"Yes. Look, when people talk about gay guys, they assume the stereotype of the feminine guy who has the long hair, the slim and womanly body, the little body hair and just the feminine aspect. So instead of having everyone think that all gay guys are like the stereotype, the invented the word twink. Most gay guys are, you know, just your average man, but twinks make it seem like that every gay guy is like that. It's like a stud."

"And what is a stud?"

"It's a term for a gay woman who has the short haircut and wears the men's clothes."

"Are these nice terms or are they derogatory?"

"No. They're perfectly acceptable."

"Well...I'm not that feminine," I stated.

"You shave your legs."

"Look at the shorts you're holding," Lady added, because I was holding a pair of short, black, tight shorts.

"Whatever. How do you even know all this?"

"I know everything, but are you gonna buy those?"

I looked at the shorts. I didn't answer and decided to go and try them on. They were snug and came a few inches below my butt. They made my butt look really cute and didn't show off my bulge too much, the way I liked it. They were incredibly tight, and I liked that. I went back out and said, "Yes. I am, no matter how twinkish it might be."

"What're they even for?" Lady asked.

"I just want a new pair of shorts that make me look cute."

"Whatever. You want to impress Cupid," Mary snorted.

"We're not meant to be. If we were he would've known by now."

She rolled her eyes and we searched the cute store more. I also got a shirt that had big black and white vertical stripes. It was a button up and made of some sheer fabric. It was really cute. I also got a new pair of black ankle boots, no heel (I'm not that girly) and they folded down to reveal a plaid textile. Later on, when I was getting ready, I put on the outfit along with my black, rose earrings, because I did have my ears pierced but I'd always wear very small, clear earrings that no one noticed. I put on some fruity perfume and deodorant and then decided to use some of Mom's mascara. I looked at myself in the mirror and wasn't sure. I kept thinking that it was too much, but then another part of me would be thinking to just go for it. Before I could decide, the doorbell rang. I answered the door to reveal a very attractive Cupid standing before me.

"Hi," he greeted, smiling with that smile of his.

"Hi," I replied.

He took his time to check me out all over, not caring that I could clearly see him look at my body, "You look great," he told me.