In Sickness...

I'm so so sorry for making you guys wait... I've been going through a lot and I lost my inspiration to write, I'm just slowly getting back.
As well yesterday I celebrated my 25th birthday and it just made me realize how long I've been writing and shit I was in highschool when I started omg

**

"Do we really have to leave this place?" Louis asked as he rolled over onto his stomach and turned his head toward his husband.

Niall chuckled. "Unfortunately we do. We can't stay here forever."

"I know, I don't want to leave just yet."

Niall leaned over and pecked his lips. "I don't want to leave either but our life is back in London, we can't just leave everyone there. Think about the kids too, they would miss us too much."

Louis shook his head. "Not if we fly them out to us."

"You really thought about it haven't you?"

Louis nodded. "I've always wanted to live here ever since I was a kid. I um, actually almost moved here after highschool."

Niall raised an eyebrow at him curiously. "What?"

"When I was in highschool my big plan was to leave London and go to university here and never leave. But—."

"But what?"

"I didn't want to leave you," Louis whispered quietly his eyes getting a little glassy.

Niall was quick to wipe away the tear that trickled down his cheek. "But weren't you with Harry?"

"Sort of? We were on a short break and then when I told him I wanted to move he convinced me to stay. But I never told him that I had changed my mind before he did."

"What do you mean?"

Louis sighed as he started to say something that he only ever told Zayn. Zayn didn't even tell Liam (well, as far as Louis knows he never did.)

"What's wrong honey?" Zayn asked in a panic after Louis told him to come over. He took one look at Louis, who's eyes were puffy and red rimmed.

"He left me. He told me he couldn't be with me."

"What do you mean?"

"I told him I wanted to go to Italy for school and that I wanted him to come with me. He said no, then he told me that I couldn't go. We argued and it ended with him walking out. I didn't do anything wrong did I?"

Zayn shook his head. "Harry needs to realize you are your own person and you can what whatever the fuck you want." Louis nodded and he looked down at his lap. "There's something else you needed to tell me isn't there?" Louis nodded. "Does it have to do with a certain someone named Niall?"

Louis' head snapped up. "What?"

"Oh don't play with me, I know how you look at him when Harry's not around."

Louis sighed. "I wanted to ask him to come with me. Maybe even stay with me there."

"Well you'll never know unless you ask him."

Louis never got a chance to ask him as Harry came back. But at that point he was too nervous to ask Niall and he didn't want to go out of the country without him.

"So you were going to ask me to pack my things and uproot myself to Italy for you?"

"Basically. Why?"

"Because I wouldn't have given it a second thought," Niall put his hand on Louis' cheek and smiled. "I would have gone with you in a heartbeat."

"I really don't know why I wasted all those years on someone that never loved me like you did."