His Doll

“Welcome Severus.” The dark lord droned. His voice was rather unpleasant in Severus's ears.

“Master.” He greeted with a nod.

The meeting began as the rest of Voldemort's most trusted filed into the room, seating themselves at the large table in the middle of the room. Each member gave their updates as Severus let his thoughts focus on the girl who was undoubtedly growing weak left alone in his chambers.

His leg began to shake in anticipation as he worried for her health. How long would this meeting last? What happens if i get there and she's----

“Severus?” The unpleasant voice rang.

“Yes master?” Severus questioned trying to hide the malice in his voice.

“Young Malfoy here has informed me that you had gone awol for nearly a month!”  He hissed. “Care to explain!”

“Of course, it seems Mister Malfoy has failed to mention that I was rather...incompassitated for such a time.”

“Incompassitated?” The evil man spat.

“Yes sir, I was accidentally cursed whilst Mister Malfoy here was engaged in a magical brawl with Harry Potter's dimwitted friend. I've spent much of my time receiving treatment. I'm actually missing one right now.” He lied.

Severus feigned weakness in an attempt to escape the wretched meating and return to his Hermione.

“Ah I see. Is this true Draco?” The boy nodded his reply. “Well then Severus, I see no reason to keep you from your treatment, as long as it won't distract you from the plan.”

“No sir.” He replied. “The plan is set to move into action eleven months from now.” 

“Good. You are free to go.”

Snape drudged to the fireplace in an attempt to look sickly before flooing back to his chambers.

“Hermione?” He yelled as he began his search for the girl. 

Her reply never came.

She wasn't on the couch or in the nook where he'd often find her helping herself to his massive book collection. He panicked when she wasn't sitting at the kitchen table or searching the pantry for her favorite snack. The lights weren't on but she wasnt sprawled out on her cot, or even resting quietly on his bed. 

Tears fell down his face… how many times has he cried over this girl.

Water? He heard water, and it wasn't his own tears falling to the floor. It was the shower. How did he not think to check the bathroom, he had to have walked passed it at least a dozen times. How stupid of him.

The bathtub was overflowing, water pouring out over the tiled floor, and there in the middle of the room lay an unconscious Hermione granger.

He had been gone too long, over an hour really. She knew she was growing weak. Her stomach churned and the floor began to sway under her feet. She couldn't help but wonder if that's what it was like to be drunk. Oh whatever… she just needed to relax, she could make it without him if she could just relax.

The decision to draw a bath may not have been the smartest one. Hermione realized that when her legs began to give. How was she going to explain to Severus that she thought it would be a good idea to get naked and sit in a tub full of water when she knew she would pass out and could easily drown. Luckily for her she fainted before getting into the tub. However she was still very much undressed when he found her. 

“Shit!” He muttered, averting his eyes from her naked body. He threw a towel over her before picking her up and carrying her to his bed. He began pacing again, bad habit, and talking to himself out loud.

“Aggh she needs me, but i can't very well lay with her unclothed. What do I do, what do I do, what do i do? I'll have to dress her myself.”

‘Severus’ Her thoughts! He could hear her thoughts!

“Oh gods Hermione, you couldn't have just laid on the bed?” His words were serious, but he laughed with relief as he said it.

‘I know. Im sorry.’

“It's gonna be okay dear. I'm going to get you dressed then i'm going to lay with you until you get your strengths back.” 

Hermione couldn't move, but she was fully alert and completely embarrassed. She blushed.

‘Please just throw a blanket over me and save me the embarrassment.’ Her mind pleaded with him.

“I can't lay with you if you don't have clothes on.” He stated simply.

‘Sir, you wouldn't have to see me or touch me.’

He couldn't function correctly when she called him sir, even in her thoughts. He hadnt meant to, but he let out a deep groan before blushing a bright shade of red.

“No Hermione, you don't understand. I can't lay with you while you're less than decent, because i don't know if i could control myself.”

She understood. She wouldn't have minded for him to lose control, but she respected his morals, so she let him dress her. 

She felt like a doll as he maneuvered her body to pull one of his large nightshirts over her head. She had no doubt that he did his best to avert his eyes as he pulled a pair of her panties over her legs and she felt him flinch a bit when his knuckles accidentally grazed her bottom.

Finally, he laid next to her, pulling her limp body into his arms. He was warm. She hadn't realized how cold she had been until now. For the first time, her head was laid on his chest instead of in his lap, and she took comfort in the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. She let the thumping in his chest lull her into a natural sleep.

“You will be the death of me Hermione Granger.”