C H A P T E R 4

APHRODITE'S POV

APHRODITE SAT IN between Liam's legs, her back on his chest and head tucked under his chin.

Liam ran his hand through her hair softly, humming a tune softly. 

It had been a couple hours since they had met again, and the two had been baking in each others embrace for about an hour. 

They were huddled in the storeroom, shelves blocking them from view.

Aphrodite closed her eyes and let out a hum of content, but she knew the two had to talk soon. 

However, she was genuinely terrified. What would he think of her when he found out what she had done? What she had been through? 

"Darlin'..." he drawls out, looking down at the girl. "We gotta talk about it all," he mumbled, gently pressing a kiss to her forehead. 

"What d-do you wanna know?" She questioned, hesitantly turning around and scooting back ward so they could have a face to face conversation.

"What happened? One day everyone woke up and you were just- you were gone," Liam said softly, smiling reassuringly. 

"It's complicated," She dissmissed, waving her hand. 

"I'm sure I'll be able to make sense of it," Liam retorted.

"Okay... well, I've always been different from the other yellows," Aphrodite begins,grabbing his hand in her own for reassurance. "And when the PSFs found out, they were... t-threatened," she said with a gulp, "They transferred me to somehwere with more security," she finished, her voice having quieted. 

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled, running his thumb across her hand. He had heard the pain carried in her voice. "But your okay. I won't ever let anyone hurt you again. I promise."

"Oh Lee," said Aphrodite slowly, "I don't think you could protect me from all this."

He frowned and cupped her face in his hands, bringing his lips to her forehead momentarily.

"Listen to me Darlin', I am here for you. I am here to protect you and love you now, okay?" Liam said more firmly. 

"Okay," Aphrodite agreed, leaning into his touch. She opened her mouth to say something more when a crash sounded somewhere from the shop. 

"Shit," she cursed, quickly standing up and slinging her bag over her shoulders. "We've gotta go."

Liam stood up quickly as well, grabbing his own bag. 

"We should be able to sneak out through the back," He whispered quietly, grabbing her hand again and pulling her along with him. 

The sound of thundering footsteps sounded and their eyes widened in syncronisation.

"Get out. I have an idea but it only works if your not here and they are," she rushed out, beginning to push Liam to the door. 

"What? No way!" He objected, a little too loudly. Aphrodtie quickly covered his mouth with her hand and pushed him furhter to the door. 

"Trust me," she breathed out, to which he hesitantly nodded and quietly left the room.

With a hesitant sigh, she took her glove off and sent some sizzles to her hand, watching small wisps of smoke leave her palm.

She reached her hand upward, just under a sprinkler. 

The alarm sounded and water shot out from the sprinklers from around the supermarket.

Alarmed shouts sounded not too far away from the storeroom. 

Hesitantly, she stepped out the door of the building and lowers her hand to the small amount of water that gathered at the floor, sending electricity through it in hopes to knock who she assumed to be PSFs out.

Cries of pain and shouts of shock filled her ears and she quickly moved her hand away, sgoving the glove back on and turning to Liam, who stared at her in shock.

"Let's go," she mumbled, striding past him rather quickly. "I'm pretty sure I saw some cars around here. Maybe one will have a little fuel."

"Yeah, alright," Liam said softly, trailing beside the girl. "You and me against the world, huh?"

She grabbed his hand and began to fall into a slow jog, trying to put distance between them and the old supermarket. 

"Always love."

A/N

I'm sorry for how short and rushed this is, i promise future chapters will be a bit better.

vote/comment!