C H A P T E R 3

APHRODITE'S POV

STANDING BEFORE APHRODITE was the one she had been looking for. 

He had changed so much but still looked so similar to when she last saw him. 

His dirty blonde hair had grown into a almost shaggy style, and along his chiselled jaw and chin was a small stubble. Even through his clothing, it was obvious he had matured a bit and had larger muscles and poportions. 

But even with the changed he still held that comforting gave, though soft pants left his parted lips as his lifted arms dropped down. 

Her heart ached and she almost wished to leap into those strong arms of him, but she had a slight fear that this was another petty test- or even a hallucnation. 

"Liam."

The boys name left her lips in such a broken way, the two sylables cracking in such a tiny way. Her voice was hoarse and dry, but still held such love and kindness. 

The corners of Liam's lips tugged up into a small grin, one she was so familiar with. 

"Hey darlin'."

And just like that it was almost as if some of the cracked and broken parts of her bega to fix themselves.

A sob racked through her body and her knees buckled beneath her. She hit the floor and brought her bare hand to her lips to muffle the cries and pushed herself against the fallen shelf, tears streaming down her cheeks endlessly. 

Almost cautiously, the boy began to approach her, his eyes softening at the sight of her crumpled figure.

"Hey-Hey," he said soothingly, crouching down before her. He reached his hand out to caress her cheek, but she quickly moves away, 

She didn't want to hurt him. 

"Don't," she warned gently. She could feel the electricty dancing through her hands and igniting a fire in her body, and that frightened her. 

"Aphrodite?" he questioned softly, a look of hurt crossing his features momentarily. 

With a shaky hand she slipped her glove back on, feeling the familiar feeling of rubber enclosing her hand and ending the whizzing electricity couring through her palm. 

"I-I didn't want to hurt you," she explained softly. 

LIAM'S POV

AS HE OBSERVED the girls condition, he foound himself looking at the changes.

She had become much thinnger, almost boney and her hair had grown to around her waist. Dark circles sat beneath her eyes. Scars and bruises littered her skin, and her body shook. 

But not just in appearance had she changed. It became blatantly obvious as she shook so fearfully, and the way she looked around as if something were about to pop out at her.

Back when they met she had been a confident girl who never backed down, but it seemed as of recently she lost that part of her. 

"Oh darlin', as if you could ever hurt me," he drawled out with a soft chuckle, cautiously placing the palm of his hand on her cheek. 

He looked at her with such a loving gaze, smiling fondly at her. 

With a leap, she threw herself onto him, her arms wounding themsevles around his neck and her face buried in the crook of his neck. 

Gently, he wrapped his arms around her waist, his face buried in her red hair as he inhaled her scent. 

"I finally found you," she says softly, pulling away from the hug and sniffing lightly. 

"Good thing you did. Don't know how much longer I could live without you," he informed her softly, glancing at her lips. 

He gave her a questioning look, asking for permission to which she gave with a nod. 

And as if no time had passes, their lips met. Sparks were ignited, the kiss soft but so passionate.

And just like that, two lost souls finally met and found each other after so long. 

A/N

Sorry for the delay with this chapter!

vote/comment!