Chapter 2: Percy's POV

Hiiii! I'm backkk!! I dont hav anything to say, so just enjoy the chappie, yeah? I wuv uuuu!

~Mousey baby~ (official name change!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years of college was ROUGH. I mean, school has always been a rough topic for me, but damn, that was actually hard. Studying marine biology in California was pretty awesome, but I missed Mom and Paul and the guys and just my city in general. Which brings me here. Working as a book shelfer at a library back in NYC. I desperately wanted to get away from studying like crazy and working like there was no tomorrow coming. And thank God, Mom and Paul were happy to let me stay over during my break from college. But, rest wasn't the only reason I came back home. I actually was kinda hoping that I could maybe just find a girl who could like... maybe have a steady, proper relationship with me. I know, I know, it was real stupid of me to just drop college for a year to find a girl, but I am the stupid fuck ball, right? Ha. But in all honesty, I really just wanted a steady relationship with, like, real commitment. After I broke up with Annabeth right before High School Graduation, I never really had a proper relationship. And yes, that literally means that for two years straight, I've just been hooking up with girls who stuck around until my dick got tired of her. And that was it. No commitment, no real love, no adoration. Nothing. The girls weren't bad or anything. A lot of them actually stuck around and became friends of mine. But, I guess after the break-up with Annabeth, I wasn't ready to restart. We didn't end off on bad terms. It was just that... I wasn't sure how to love someone new after I had loved Annabeth for so long. And after 2 years of hookups, I was really ready to start a lasting relationship. But I was gonna have to hurry up. 5 months, and I'll be flying back to California.

"Percy! Hey, Percy!!". Who was whisper-shouting?

"Percy, we've got two more loads! Hurry up and finish that one and come for this one."

Oh, it was the librarian. Damn, there are so many books, it's almost worse than the one at the university. I better hurry up and finish if I want that coffee break.

2 hours later

Jeez, there are more books than I originally thought. Good God, I have literally never seen so many fucking books in my whole God damn life. I barely, barely, got back from my break before I was assigned to more loads. And now the library's almost about to close and I still have to get rid of these books. Sweet Jesus. I am definitely not getting home early tod-

Creeeeeeeeeeeee- SLAM!

Is that... the main entrance door... opening? Who the hell is here at this hour? You know what? I don't give a shit. I just wanna finish this load and get the hell outta here. But obviously, I'm not getting out of here anytime soon. Not with this shitty load of books. There are so many God damn books.

I'm not sure when, but I zoned out. Shelving books wasn't hard or anything, it just took so long, and at some point, I got dizzy from seeing so many books. So instead of putting my mind to the work, I just let my hands do the work. It was easier than getting dizzy. And if you're gonna complain that I might be putting the wrong books in the wrong places, then let me repeat, shelving books isn't difficult. I've been working here for almost eight months. At some point, I realized that the system just had a very simple pattern to it. You are literally categorizing by author's name and the genre, or what the book is basically about. Like the general idea. See? I'm not so stupid anymore. I actually started working harder in school. But like I was saying, the system-

"EXCUSE ME!!"

Who the hell screams in a library? Oh shit. Wait. I probably wasn't paying attention to the guy. Gah.