he's protective (part 15)

thank you for all the reads! it means so much :)

TW: talk of sexual assault!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

why is zach calling me? what the hell?

i pick up the phone and look at clay.

clay:
who is it?

delilah:
uh...its z-zach.

clay:
oh let me have that.

he yanks the phone out of hand and answers it. he stands up and starts pacing.

clay:
hello? zach?

delilah:
what are you doing?

clay:
yeah, this is clay. 
...
why did you call her?

i stay sitting on the couch and just listen talk to zach on the phone. he sounded super mad, i honestly have no idea why zach is calling me. i don't want to talk to him, that is why i am happy that clay took the phone. this might go bad though.

clay pov

clay:
yeah, this is clay. 

zach:
uh i called delilah, why did you answer?

clay:
why did you call her?

zach:
i just wanted to talk to her. why did you answer?

clay:
because she is over at my house. what did you want to talk to her about?

zach:
just about me and her. now can you hand the phone to her?

i put the phone on speaker and sit down next to lilah, giving the phone to her. i need to hear what this dickhead has to say. i don't even want him talking to lilah. not after what he did.

delilah:
hello?

zach:
delilah? can we talk?

delilah:
about what?

zach:
about us...i miss you.

delilah:
zach, do you not remember what you did to me?

zach:
i am sorry, you just wouldn't do IT with me and i needed that.

delilah:
i-i wanted to do it with someone special.

zach:
well i was special to you during the time we dated, wasn't i? you were special to me, after we held hands, hugged, kissed, made ou-

clay:
oh not today.

i grab the phone from lilah's hand and take it off speaker phone. i am not letting him talk to lilah like that, not ever.

clay:
okay listen dickhead. you cheated on her and tried to sexually assult. you do not get to talk to her like that, ever. i want you to stay away from her and you better hope you never see me again. now i am going to hang up and never talk or see you again, okay?