Kabanata 40

This is the final chapter of Until The Last. My next update will be the epilogue of the story. Thank you for reading and believing in me. This is such a memorable experience for me since this is my first take of writing a romance novel. I promise to take all the lessons I have learned from writing this one and I will use this opportunity to grow more. Thank you for supporting me, I appreciate it so much.

Kabanata 40 

Lifetime

"Charly, wake up," a soft voice whispered slowly.

The soft familiar voice has clung into my ears. It was as if I am listening to a lullaby from a warm a silent room. It keeps on telling me to wake up, but my mind is lured from the voice that's keeping me at peace.

I will not wake up, I want it here.

"Saan ka pupunta?" Julia asked in a frustrated tone.

Hindi ko sila pinansin at nagpatuloy lang sa paglalakad. Walking from afar, I have a clear view of Sandro, looking very busy about his schoolwork. I smirked when he creased his forehead.

"Hi!" I said, showing him my wide smile. 

Hindi niya ako nilingon kaya unti-unti kong sinungaw ang ulo ko sa mesa. Iritado siyang bumaling sa'kin habang buong ngiti ang ginagawad ko sa kanya. Bumuntonghininga siya at mabilis na niligpit ang mga nagkalat na papel at lapis sa mesa. Ngumuso ako, unsurprised of what he's doing.

"Busy?" I asked shamelessly.

He looked at me again after cleaning his desk. I smiled cutely but his eyes quickly roamed around the cafeteria. His eyes then went back to me and sighed impatiently.

"You must be bored, huh? Go read your books or play with your dolls."

I was so shocked at his remark that even my jaw didn't accept it. Laglag ang panga ko habang pinapanood siyang naglalakad palabas ng cafeteria na parang wala lang ang lahat. My head quickly boiled in anger when I realized what happened.

That heartless prick! 

My eagerness to talk to him had just grown wilder. You cannot resist me, Alesandro Novalmoral.

"Charly, you need to wake up. Someone's is waiting for you," someone said in a soft voice.

That voice is very familiar to my ear. I was at the verge of opening my eyes, but I quickly hesitated due to the thoughts of losing the voice when I wake up.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

Natigilan ako sa pagmamasid ng kanyang ginagawa at napasulyap sa kanya.

"Uh, I accidentally saw you here, so I thought of checking on you. I am also planning to do my homework here," I said, lying.

Umupo ako nang maayos sa bench at sinulyapan ulit ang kanyang ginuguhit. Kaya lang naman ako pumunta rito ay dahil nagbabaka sakali akong magkaayos na kami.

Simula kasi noong away namin ni Hannah, halos hindi ko na maramdaman ang presensiya ni Sandro. Kung dati'y palagi niya akong sinisita sa mga ginagawa ko, ngayon ay halos hindi ko na siya makita sa campus.

It kind of left an absence to my system whenever he's not around, so I started to seek for it. It's very unlikely of me to do these things, but I'm kind of liking it. I'm entertained for some reason.

"Leave me alone and go back to your friends."

My days of being with him is very difficult to understand. It was as if I'm boiling a hard rock that will never melt and break. However, I was determined enough to get to him.