money machines and pretty girls

Summer in New York City. It was unbearably hot some days but you'd get used to the profuse sweating, stinky trash, and smell of piss in the city because despite its flaws, this is where you wanted to be.

You moved into a nice apartment in Manhattan. On your first day of moving in, you met him. Seth.

He was sitting outside his apartment door. Seth had beautiful curls that looked a bit greasy, a cute beard, glasses, lightly tanned skin, and the most beautiful black eyes you've ever seen. He was flawless, to say the least. He had a black cylinder speaker next to him, it played "money machine" by 100 gecs. You loved 100 gecs. They were quite the underground group though so you were surprised to find someone else who listened to them already.

You sat next to Seth without a word

You sat next to Seth without a word. He stared at you for a few moments before speaking.

"Hey." He said, his voice was deep and he had a giggle bubbling up in his throat.

"Right! Hi. I'm Y/N." You said, all of a sudden flustered.

Seth let out a deep giggle, lowering the music.

"Um... I just wanted to let you know I like 100 gecs too! You have really good taste in music. Have you heard of Clairo? She's pretty underground too..." You said, fiddling with your fingers. You looked down.

From the corner of your eye, you could see Seth nodding profusely and his eyes lighting up.

"I love Clairo! I can be your pretty girl.. shut up if you want me to. Hm, hm, hm..." Seth beamed as he hummed the rest of the song.

You could tell this was the start of something beautiful.