X X I I

*flashback*

Taeyong is walking on the corridor, whistling with both his hands stuffed in his pocket. He stopped when he realised that the room he's about to pass, belongs to the section where the woman he admire is in. He walked slower than usual as he passed by the windows, to catch a glimpse of the prettiest woman he had ever laid his eyes on.

Taeyong can't help but smile when he saw her sitting near the window, just staring outside doing nothing, yet managed to look like an actual angel.
He knew to himself that he was smitten, but never got the courage to confess. He looks at her like she's someone who is way too out of his league. He's nothing but an absolute troublemaker, while she's almost divine.

Taeyong got used to just seeing her from afar, silently and secretly admiring her. Until one day their path crossed.

"are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't see you coming" the girl apologized when she accidentally threw the ball and hit Taeyong's head as he passed by the open field.

"that hurts" Taeyong said as he shook his head, feeling a little dizzy due to the impact. The young lady panicked and reached out for his head to caress it. He froze. Feeling his heart race due to the sudden contact. He stared at her in awe, her face filled with wary.

"jeongmal mianhe" she kept on apologizing to him.

"it's fine" he mumbled, feeling so wonder struck that he's seeing her upclose.

Taeyong was in 4th year, Jang Mi was in her 3rd year. Highschool is where life should be enjoyed they said, but that's not what exactly the two have undergone.

Jang Mi's father barge in her room suddenly throwing things.
"didn't I told you stop studying and just work!??" he shouted at her.
Her father is a gambler and one hell of an alcoholic man. Her mom passed away when she was still young, and was left under the supervision of her father. A bastard.

"Appa! you're drunk agai---" Jia's word was cut off when she received a slap from her father... a harsh slap on her pretty face again. Like what she did before, she just cried. Unable to fight back.

Jia lived her life under her father, which she pertains as living hell. Her father who would hurt her every single time he saw her. Bring different girls in their house, almost everyday. Not feeding her, and much worse... he even tried to sell her as a payment for his loans.

Taeyong, on the other hand. Lived a wealthy yet miserable life. His mom whom he valued the most, was taken away from him way too early. His mother was sick, and his only hope was his father... but his only hope turned his back on them.

He quitted school as soon as his mom passed away. He completely lost his will to continue living. He never thought he'll see himself holding a gun, and mercilessly killing everyone who'll stand on his way. That kind of person whom his mother used to hate the most... he have become one.

"I'm very sorry mom"

Despite of quitting school, Taeyong still find ways to catch a glimpse of the woman he admires. He would always and always see her, since they live in the same neighborhood. The lovely lady that she used to be, gradually changed. Taeyong was wary but he didn't dare to dig more.

*****

Jia's POV.

I feel so secured being in his arms.
I cried even more as he caress my head. I feel like...home. All my worries magically subsided when he said those words.

He'll protect me. For the first time in my life... someone will protect me.

"I'm here, I'm here" he whispered softly. Tightening the hug. Damn, Lee Taeyong. I buried my face on his neck even more. Allowing myself be drowned on his comforting warmth.
I badly want to tell him everything,
I want to let him know how much this world is making me suffer.
"Do you trust me?" he suddenly asked. I gently broke the hug and looked at his eyes.

He carefully held my shoulders. Making me stare at him. "look, Jaehyun took you last night. He saw everything and figured out that TRC will go after you because of sparing me. They must be looking for you by now" I nodded. That's definitely what they're doing right now, for sure. He wiped my tears, gently brushing his slender fingers on my cheeks.

"And all of you here are in danger because of me" I said. TRC will surely do everything to get back on me. I am under them, and I know every single thing about their damn protocols. Losing me is a great risk to them,
I can spread shits that can end them, and I'm sure they won't allow that.
I already moved against them, there's no way they'll believe me anymore... now that only thing that's left to them... is to kill me.

"I know" he mumbled. Probably realising it just now.

"a-aren't you scared?" I asked. He looked at me in disbelief.

"why would I?" he asked. Sounding so boastful to me, but just normal to him. This man sure is fearless.
I sniffled and wipe my cheeks. Enough of crying, I'm looking way too weak in front of this man already.

I know I already said that I won't trust anyone anymore. But my heart is saying that I SHOULD trust Taeyong.
I never thought someone like him can look so sincere. It's as if he's ordering me to trust him and I have to obey.
I don't have anyone anyway. If I die right now, no one will know. No one will cry, no one will miss me.

also... my heart is pushing me to let him know everything about me.
I don't know why but... I badly want to do that.

I remained staring at his ridiculously handsome face, patiently waiting for me to disclose everything to him.
"I-I'm TRC's most valued undercover assasin. They may seem unknown to you but... a lot of gangs and illegal corporations are under them. They have all the files that could cause great chaos to the mar---" I was cut off when he shook his head. I got confused for a moment. He doesn't seem interested of what I am saying.

"I don't care about that damn corporation. I know everything about them already. You were their Rose, I get it. I wanted to know... what do you want to happen?" e-eh?
what I want to happen? I stared down on my hands. His question kept on echoing on my mind.

What do I want to happen?

"I want to get out of the thorns"
I unconsciously said, voicing out my thoughts. I looked at his eyes, he never left my gaze. "all I want is my freedom. My life to get back on how it used to be. No guns, no missions, no killings, n-no roses j-just a normal life. I don't care if I'm alone, as long as I'm free."

꧁ 𝖌𝖚𝖓𝖘 // 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖘 ꧂

Hello everyone!!! I hope everyone is having a merry Christmas!!
✧\(>o<)ノ✧