𝕒𝕝𝕪𝕤𝕤𝕒

"Ally, not to be rude, but you sound dead."

Dead? That's close enough to how Alyssa Olsen was feeling right now, and had been feeling for the past 24 hours or so. No one knows how it feels to be dead. You're just dead. Simple as that. Perhaps some nausea is mixed in, along with a bit of emptiness, but dead just feels like dead, whatever dead means.
"Ally. Can you hear me? Are you asleep?" Callie sounded extremely worried. Worried and scared. Alyssa didn't want to respond, but she also didn't want to frighten Cal and make her think that her roommate had died whilst on a phone call with her.
"Oh no, I'm fine. Great, really. Don't worry about me. Hey, I'm sure you have better things to do then call your boring sick roommate. Go do those things, k? I'll text you if it gets worse. But it won't, it won't get worse. I promise. Bye Callie!" Alyssa said all of that in one breath, and when she was done she ended the call and fell back onto her bed. Her pillows were comforting and warm as she stretched out, then curled back into herself.
Oh god. What had she gotten herself into?
Last night was a chaotic blur, bits and pieces of it coming back occasionally, each one causing Alyssa to take a deep breath and hold back tears.
This was all a mistake.
She should've just stayed at home, ignoring Callies idea of a night out. She had gotten so wasted she completely blacked out. Her memory of what happened after that is blank. A fresh page, not even a smudge of the events that had occurred left.
And so, Alyssa decided to make up what she thought had happened. Lure herself into a false reality, a fantasy really, just to quiet her mind.
One option seemed realistic as well as fun:
She had drunk a few beers, joked around, having fun, then got an Uber home with Callie. That's where she passed out; on her soft and comfy bed where no one else could see her. Away from the world. Safe.

Callies memory wasn't much better. She remembered her roommate passing out, and before that them dancing with strangers and ordering midnight French toast at the local diner, but that was it.
Ally had interrogated her the minute she woke up, forgetting about her ear splitting headache and severe fatigue to figure out what had happened while she was under the influence. But it was only a few minutes before her hangover had caught up to Alyssa, and made it almost impossible to form coherent sentences.

It didn't mean she couldn't type, though, so with a lack of anything better to do Alyssa turned to social media.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
TotallyNotAlyssa
@allymcfally
Hangovers are the fucking worst.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
9:30 pm ● Oct 4, 2020 ● Twitter for iPhone
3 retweets  0 quote tweets  43 likes
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
CallMeCal @cantalope ● oct 4
    Replying to @allymcfally
Ummm shouldn't u be asleep?
TotallyNotAlyssa @allymcfally ● oct 4
   Replying to @cantalope
Mmm yes. But it's hardddddd :( just let me vent on Twitter in peace
CallMeCal @cantalope ● oct 4
   Replying to @allymcfally
Fine, but don't take it out on me when I get home.

User1 @user1 ● oct 4
   Replying to @allymcfally
omg so true 😖

User2 @user2 ● oct 4
   Replying to @allymcfally
ugh i hate them too.  hope u feel better soon!
TotallyNotAlyssa @allymcfally ● oct 4
   Replying to @user2
Awww ty!! :D
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Just as Alyssa was about to shut her phone off, and actually try to get some sleep, it rang.
Who could that be? It's probably Callie. But what if it isn't her, and somethings happened to her? What if she's hurt? Oh god, if Callie is hurt I don't know what I would do. Ok, don't panic. Answer the damn call Ally!
"Fine, fine, I'll answer it." Ally mumbled to herself. Normally she ignores unknown callers, as they are likely to be scams, but this time she decided to take a chance. Alyssa inhaled sharply when she heard the voice, recognizing it instantly.

"Alyssa? It's me. We need to talk."

《☆★☆》

A/N~ bwahaha ended that on a cliffhanger. also ik this is super short I just cant think of anything to make it longer. quality over quantity, eh? Also y'all have probably already realized this but covid is nonexistent in this book, so it's perfectly safe for them to be eating indoors, meeting people, etc. if you enjoyed this, vote and comment!