Chapter 10: First day at the Animal Shelter

After school on Tuesday:

Sun is going to start her first day at the animal shelter with Fluttershy and the assistant manager Treehugger.

Sun is walking down the streets of Canterlot City going to the animal center. That is until she sees something that really caught her attention. She sees a small cat and it wasn't any of the cats she seen for the past few days. The cat is a dark gray and light brown color fur with lighter hair on its belly. The cat also has dark brown spots on its cheeks, strips from the forehead to the back of its head, and some strips and on its back. It also has round ears and kind of a bushy tail. The little kitten looks like it hadn't eaten in days and looks really tired.

Sun know the kitten needs help but wasn't sure whether or not to approach it or leave it along. So she decides to the only thing she can do.

"Hello little guy are you okay?" Sun asks nicely to the kitten.

The cat meow and then look at her again.

"Do you to come with me to the shelter? I have a friend over there who is really good with animals and can help you," Sun says trying to reason with the kitty.

The kitten wasn't sure about going with her at first, but the kitten is lost, alone, and hungry. The kitten also wasn't sure if Sun can help her find her way back home. She can see that Sun put her hand out to her and decides to rub her head against Sun's hand.

Sun sees what the kitten is doing and believes that the kitten is accepting her help. She then grabs the cat and holds it like a baby and decides take off her jacket and wrap the kitten up like it was a baby and rush over to the shelter before the kitten gets into a worse condition.

At the Canterlot Animal Shelter:

Fluttershy and Tree Huger are at the shelter giving the animals a bath.

They were going to take a break until an important news bullion on the TV at the shelter kick in.

"We interrupt this program with a special bullion a baby iriomote wild cat named Nina was taken from an animal preserve 7 days ago." The news girl said.

"Poor thing," Fluttershy says sadly.

"Luckily the police were able to catch the poachers responsible for the theft 4 days ago, but the little kitten was nowhere to be found."

"The police suspect that the kitten got away from the poachers somehow and now she is lost somewhere in Canterlot City. If anyone found the lost wild cat please contact the preserves number which is 1 (234)-547-2399," The news girl instructs.

After hearing the news Fluttershy turn off the TV and hear the door open. They turn around and see Sun entering the center with something in her arms.

"Hey guys," Sun says as she get inside.

"Oh hi Sun so how was school today?" Fluttershy asks happily.

"It's going well but I found this kitten in an alley on my way here," Sun says.

"Really?" Tree Hugger says questionably.

"Yes," Sun says.

Then she decides shows the kitten to the girls.

Fluttershy and Tree Hugger gasp at the condition the kitten is in.

"Oh goodness what happen to it?" Fluttershy asks worried.

"I don't know. It looks like the kitten had gotten hurt somehow and it looked like it hadn't eaten in days," Sun explains sadly. Then she put the kitten on a pillow so she can rest peacefully.