Chapter 7: The Coup Invasion

Sleeping in the bedroom, Sonic, Eve and all of their friends are getting restful sleep and possibly dreams. Suddenly, the door slowly opens, and Rosie enters the room. Coming in behind her are Bernadette and Aleena.

Rosie slowly shakes Sally, "Princess, it's time to wake up."

Bernadette shakes Eve, "Children, you need to wake up."

Eve yawns a little and slowly opens her eyes to see her adopted mother.

"Mommy, what are you doing here?" Eve asks, feeling tired.

"I'm sorry Eve, but we need to leave," Bernadette says.

Just then, Sally begins to wake up as well, along with the other children.

"Rosie... what's wrong?" Sally asks with a yawn.

"Hush my princess. We need to hurry," Rosie says.

"Mom, what's going on?" Manic asks.

"Come children, we need to get going," Aleena says.

After being awaken, the children follow the two grown hedgehogs and Rosie down the halls of the castle.

"Mommy, where are we going? It's not nice to play games," Sonia asks.

"This isn't a game sweetie. We're going to Knothole," Aleena answers.

"Why?" Manic asks.

"We'll tell you later," Rosie answers.

Running down the halls, they are able to get out of the front gates of the palace. Suddenly, they hear destructive blasting sounds. The kids quickly turn around and gasp to see strange robots are attacking the castle and are beginning to attack the city.

"Mommy?! What's going on?" Eve scaredy asks.

"We need to go now," Bernadette answers.

Sally tries to get out of Rosie's arms as she screams, "What about daddy?"

"Your father wanted to make sure you're safe, we need to go," Rosie says.

Rosie, Bernadette, and Aleena grab the children and run away from the castle. Sally begins to shed tears knowing that her father is still in the castle. However, she knows that her father wants her to be protected and safe from the danger that is happening now.

Soon many people are running out of their homes and are trying to escape out of the city. Robots and tanks are attacking the city with full force. The robots also capture many of the citizens separating many children from their parents.

Eve begins to grow scared to see all of this happening. She looks around to see buildings are being destroyed and the citizens are being taken by robots. Many have also been caught in the crossfire and receives damages.

Sonic grabs Eve's hand, "Come on Eve!"

Eve takes Sonic's hand and follow him with the others to get away. Suddenly, Eve starts to feel strange. She begins to feel dazed and dizzy as she tries to run. Some reason, what's happening is making her feel confused, scared, and familiar.

Eve soon sees herself running while someone holds her hand. However, she can't remember who it is.

"This feeling... I feel that I was running away with someone too," Eve says in thought and fear.

Eve snaps back to reality and see her family and friends are trying to get out of the city. Suddenly, robots begin to attack them. They try to hit them and capture them, but the group continue to run. Suddenly, the laser has land right in front of them, sending them back to the ground. Everyone ends up getting separated from each other.