Chapter 8: Trying to Regain Strength

In Knothole, the citizens of Mobotropolis who have escaped are in despair. They lost their home, their families, and other loved ones. Many of the children are also left orphans or runaways. Among the many sadden and broken citizens are Sonic, Eve, the twins and their friends. None of them are able to find their parents in the crowd. However, there is something else on their minds.

"Rosie, will Bunnie be alright?" Sally asks.

"I'm sure Uncle Chuck will be able to help her," Rosie says.

Eve looks at Sonia and Manic, "Do you think we should check up on them?"

"I think it will be best to leave them alone. Mom and dad will be able to help her," Sonia says.

"Yeah. Our dad is the matter of science, and our mom knows medicines. I'm sure they're coming up with a way to help Bunnie at this very moment," Manic says.

In an underground lab, Uncle Chuck is looking at the screen showing Bunnie's body. Aleena is making sure Bunnie is healing properly. She also gives Bunnie some shots so she will fall asleep and won't feel the pain.

Aleena asks, "Are you sure this is the only way?"

"Yes. Robotnik may have stolen my plans for the roboticizer, but I'm glad I saved a special copy in this computer. If I'm right, I'll be able to give Bunnie new limbs and will be stronger. I do wish there is another way, but parts of her body is completely destroyed," Chuck says.

"I understand Charles. Bunnie has been given the medicine so she'll be rested and won't feel pain," Aleena says.

"Thank you Aleena. Now, I think it's about time we get started," Chuck says.

Chuck and Aleena begin to put on face masks and gloves. They soon begin to help Bunnie with her operation.

Outside of Knothole, the people are able to settle down. Even Sonic and the others are starting to calm down. Suddenly, they begin to hear something.

"Sacrebleu, what was that?" Antoine asks.

"I'm sure it's nothing," Sally worriedly says.

"I don't think so," Eve says, turning to the woods.

Sonic looks at the same direction, "Yeah. Something seems to be coming this way."

Suddenly, a familiar duck and four more ducks; one grown female and three children come out of the woods.

"Dr. Quack?" Rotor asks.

Rosie comes up to him in relief, "Thank goodness you all are okay."

"I'm alright, but we need to get inside. Robots are making their way here," Dr. Quack panics.

Everyone panics and begin to run inside. Those who is inside, are able to find the cellar in some of the houses. Rosie gather the children and run inside with Dr. Quack and their family. Everyone are very frighten and are trying their best to stay hidden from the robots. The robots either walk or roll around the outside of the village to see if anyone around.

In one of the homes, Sonic and the rest of the children are trying their best to stay quiet while they hide from the robots. They grow scared that the robots might find them. One of the robots manages to get close to the window and Sally is close to it begins to shiver in fright. Everyone fear that the robot might be able to find them. Suddenly, the robots disappears. Sally turns to the window and take a quiet peak.

Suddenly a robot arm burst into the window. The children scream in fright as the robot hand grabs Sally's arm.

"SAL!" Sonic screams.