Chapter 4: The Glittering Gift

Months has gone by and Eve feels like she is part of Sonic's family. Eve has been very happy and helpful with her family and her friends. Soon enough, it has been already half a year since Eve have come to live with them. One day, the hedgehog family and their friends are in one of the cafes for lunch.

Sally says, "Hey Eve, that's a nice dress. Is it new?"

"Yes. Auntie Aleena bought it for me. I really like the red dress with some black and blue on it," Eve says.

"It really matches your hair and your headband," Sonia says.

"Thanks," Eve says.

Manic asks, "So what you guys wanna do after lunch?"

"Um well, how about we um..." Antoine shyly answers.

Rotor says, "How about we go see Uncle Chuck?"

"Uncle Chuck will be extra busy so we're not allowed to play in the lab at this time," Sonia says.

Sally says, "Yeah. My had will be extra busy with Julius."

Eve hears the name again and begins to come in deep in thought.

Sonic notices this, and asks, "What's up Eve? You looks all concentrate and stuff."

"It's nothing," Eve says.

She turns to Sally, and asks, "Sally, do you know if Dr. Robotnik had any family members?"

"Hmm, I think the only relative he has is his nephew Snively. Why you ask?" Sally answers.

"Just curious," Eve answers.

Then Eve asks, "Hey Sally, does Nicole knows absolutely everything?"

"Not sure about everything, but she knows everything that has happened to this date," Sally says.

"Okay," Eve replies.

Sonic yawns, "Enough questioning, let's finish our lunch so we can play."

"Oh Sonic, Eve is just curious," Sally says.

"Yeah. She only been with us for six months and there's still more for her to learn. Give her a break," Rotor says.

"You're right," Sonic says.

"So where do you wanna play at?" Manic asks.

"How about the forest. It's between here and Knothole," Sally suggests.

"Great idea," Sonic says.

After having lunch, the kids leave the city to go to the woods close by. They all gather at a field that is between the city and the woods, and decide what game to play. However, Eve has an important question.

"Um, what's hide and seek?" Eve asks.

"It's a fun game. One of us has to stand close to the tree, cover their eyes, and count to thirty while the rest of us will try to hide somewhere. After counting, it will try to find you," Sally says.

"Okay. I understand," Eve says.

"So which of us will be it," Bunnie asks.

Antoine shyly raises his hand, "Uh, I, uh, will be it."

"Well Antoine, looks like you're it," Sonic says.

He drags Antoine to the tree. Then turns him so he will face the tree.

"Cover your eyes and count to thirty and no peeking," Sonic says.

Sally says, "And don't use your super speed in the game otherwise you lose."