ten.

a/n: please vote, comment, and share! how're you liking it? anything happening that you're not expecting? i bet you guys will like this scene owo

---

word total for this chapter: 1717

---

No, there's no way. Right? He wouldn't do that.

My mind runs through a million possibilities as I curl into myself, holding my knees, staring blankly at the ground as I think. I'm not sure how long I'm sitting there until I decide to go looking for him.

Hopefully, he's not far. Hopefully, he didn't just up and leave me to go on his own. Even his blanket is gone from the ground.

I pack up my things messily, shoving items into my pack haphazardly. I need to find Dream. What if he's hurt?

As I straighten back up, slinging the bag onto my back, I look around again. Where do I start? Which way could he possibly have gone? I notice a slight trail on the ground, the faint outline of boot prints leading off in another direction.

Following them closely, I hold the straps of my pack tightly, my heart racing the whole time. The tracks lead me to a small patch of trees, and I notice a very small stream. Heading down it, the stream widens into a small river, and my entire body goes into panic mode.

Well. I found Dream.

There he is. Standing waist deep in the water, buck ass naked. His back is to me, and he seems to be splashing water up his chest, probably trying to get some of the dirt and sweat off. I feel my entire face turn bright red with embarrassment.

Dream doesn't seem to hear me over the sound of flowing water, and he's humming again. I debate in silence if I should just go back and wait for him, or if I should announce myself somehow.

You could just join him. My subconscious tells me. Somehow, my face goes redder. Shut up.

I decide to just announce myself.

"Dream?" I ask cautiously, trying not to startle him. It doesn't seem to work. Dream jumps, causing the water to ripple unnaturally around him.

He turns slightly, cautiously. I burst out laughing when I see the look on his face; he's both embarrassed and scared.

"George!" Dream yells, angrily, yet jokingly at the same time. Before I realize it, he's wading quickly through the water, and my eyes widen when I realize he's coming for me.

I sling my pack off, tossing it to the side. This is not ideal. Grabbing the hem of my shirt, I yank it off my head, and start to unbutton my pants.

He's gonna get me in the water one way or another. I think. At least this way, I won't have soaking clothes.

Dream stops near the edge of the water, the line of water running dangerously low on his body. One wrong move, and he's flashing me.

Maybe that's what he wants. Maybe that's what I want. I groan internally. Shut up, idiot!

Once I'm down to just underwear, I start to near the water's edge, my hands protectively in front of me. Dream gives me a small look of confusion.

"What?" I ask defensively, my shoulder hunching in slightly. He tries to hide a smile, but it creeps onto his face, and before long, he's wheezing so hard that I think his lungs are collapsing.

"Dream!" I whine, frustrated. He's making fun of me. I know it.

"You know I'm not wearing mine." Dream says, gesturing a hand towards my underwear. My jaw tightens slightly.