three.

a/n: hey again, here's the third chapter. definitely many more to come. the story is still in the writing process, but i will say that it's close to finished. i'm estimating that it's going to be around eight or nine chapters in total, maybe more. once i finish the writing process, i will be uploaded chapters more often. thanks, and please vote and comment on this <3 even if it's just criticism.

---

word total for this chapter: 1488

---

"Oh." is all he says, letting go of my wrists and getting to his feet. Taking a step back, he awkwardly adjusts the straps of his pack, pulling it closer to his body. I push myself to sit up, setting my hands on the ground behind me.

"We should... We should probably get going." He states, looking back towards the direction of where the fires would be coming from. "They'll be here soon, I think." Dream digs the toe of his boot into the ground, kicking up a bit of dirt in the process.

"Yeah, let's get going." I agree simply. Dream reaches his hand out to me, silently offering to help me up. I thank him with a nod and grab his hand.

He pulls me up easily, and I'm almost embarrassed. Dusting the dirt off of my clothes, I look over at him, watching as he inventories his pack.

"I need more fresh water." He states simply, pulling out a few, empty, reusable bottles. I nod in response.

"I'm sure there's a river or stream around here somewhere; I could stand to get some more as well." I start doing the same, looking through the items in my bag and making a mental note of things to look out for.

More dried food, or food that stores well and has a long shelf life. More bandages, just in case. More clothes, if possible. Especially underwear.

"Earth to George?" I'm startled out of my thoughts when I realize that Dream is waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, my face going slightly red in embarrassment. I didn't mean to space out so badly. He chuckles slightly, shaking his head in amusement.

"I was just asking if you have any food? I'm pretty hungry, and I want to make sure that you have something to eat too."

I smile. "Yeah, I've got a few packets of dried food. Not the best, but with some water, it's tolerable."

Dream simply nods in response, pulling out something similar. We decide that we should keep moving as we eat; we can't afford to stay in one place for too long. As we walk, we eat in silence.

I grimace as I try to choke my food down, coincidentally finishing my last bottle of water to swallow it. As I realize this, I groan; finding a river or stream would be really nice right now.

As if on cue, the trees open up a bit, revealing a small, yet sufficient, river for us to get water from. I breathe a sigh of relief. After we get water, maybe we can freshen up a bit.

Setting my pack down against a large rock on the side of the river, I get out the water bottles one by one, and attempt to balance them in my arms to take to the water. A few spill out from my grasp, and just as I think they're going to roll away, Dream reaches down and scoops them up.

I mutter a quick thanks and attempt to grab them back from him, but he moves away.

"I'll help you carry them. Then you can help with mine." I raise my eyebrow at him. "It'll go faster!" He defends.

Humming in response, I turn, making my way to the flowing water once again. The process honestly does go faster with Dream's help. Within 5 minutes, we're both restocked with fresh water.