1- death eaters' meeting

death eaters' meeting

{1995}

Malfoy Manor

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Alula Nova Black sat staring into the mirror of her vanity. It was just over halfway through the summer holiday and she wished she could say that she had been enjoying it, but she couldn't.

From the moment that Alula stepped back into the manor with her aunt and cousin, things changed. Alula was not allowed any communication with the outside world and if she wanted to go out, it had to be with either Lucius or Narcissa. Though, the Black girl found ways around these rules through her aunt. Narcissa sent a letter to Nymphadora for Alula to describe the situation which, in the reply, Sirius was furious about.

A few days prior to today, Narcissa had convinced Lucius that there would be no harm in letting Alula and Draco go for a walk by themselves. The two cousins strolled around the countryside with a muggle video camera that Alula had enchanted so you could watch the memories back as if they were happening in real-time. Draco had also had to adapt to his father's new rules so found enjoyment in anything his cousin spoke about: muggles and their inventions, France and even the trio. He preferred being the one holding the camera as he recorded Alula skipping down the lane or sitting in the grass surrounded by wildflowers. He hadn't seen her so happy and free since before Cedric was killed.

The matter of Cedric Diggory was never discussed, but Draco found himself rushing into Alula's room each night as she screamed through each night terror and mare that she had. He had told his mother and knew that she had spoken with Alula, but didn't pester her any further.

"Alula, darling, please look up," Narcissa said from behind the girl.

Alula did as she was told. Narcissa was curling Alula's hair and pinning sections up. She watched as the girl held a blank expression and knew that as soon as she walked into the drawing-room downstairs, Alula would animate and play along with Lucius' ideals to him and his friends.

"Stand up."

Alula looked at herself in the mirror, Her hair looked pretty as did her face. A plain black, long-sleeved dress fell to her thighs; the fabric contrasted strongly against her skin. On her feet were small-heeled shoes. Her constellation necklace showed Sirius- a longing for her father. She wore her mother's ring and her 'B' ring. She was a Black and she would hold her head high.

"Who's going to be there?" Alula asked.

"Avery, who you've seen before," Narcissa said, straightening her own dress. "Crabbe, Goyle, Nott, oh, and Macnair."

"Okay," Alula said blankly. "I'm going to talk to Draco."

Alula walked past her aunt and towards her door. Against her wall were her trunks left packed, ready to go when the time came.