30- mr & mrs longbottom

mr & mrs longbottom

mr & mrs longbottom

{1995}

12 Grimmauld Place

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Everyone was jolly. Sirius's delight at having the house full again, and especially at having Harry and Alula back, was infectious. He was no longer their sullen host of the summer; now he seemed determined that everyone should enjoy themselves as much, if not more than they would have done at Hogwarts, and he worked tirelessly in the run-up to Christmas Day, cleaning and decorating with their help so that by the time they all went to bed on Christmas Eve the house was barely recognisable. The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree, obtained by Mundungus and decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius and Alula's family tree from view, and even the stuffed elf-heads on the hall wall wore Father Christmas hats and beards- curtsy of Alula and Ginny.

Alula awoke on Christmas morning to find a stack of presents at the foot of her bed and Ginny and Alula already halfway through opening their own piles.

"I love Christmas!" Ginny said excitedly, unwrapping a present.

Alula sorted through her presents and found one with Hermione's handwriting on it. She had given her, too, a book that resembled a diary, the pages were detailed with little stars that were enchanted so they shot across the pages.

Lupin had given Alula a box of chocolates and a book about the phases of the moon which she found funny until she opened the front cover of it and read the handwritten note.

Merry Christmas Remus,

Lily took me to a shop that Muggles call 'Charity Shops', I'm sure you'll know. I found this book and thought of you. I thought that it might help, I'm sure James, Peter and Sirius will need it more than you when you tell them. They won't give up on you. We all love you, no matter what you are.

Love, A.A

"You alright, Al?" Hermione asked, taking her nose out of a book.

"Yeah, yeah." She smiled.

Her mother had known that Lupin was a werewolf before the other Marauders had.

Hagrid had sent a book on caring for Nifflers.

Tonks's present was a variety of sweets, but also inclosed was a short letter...

Dear Alula,

We haven't met yet, but Nymphadora always finds moments to mention you.