Chapter 13

P.O.V - Jason

        Sunday finally comes after days of waiting to see Olivia. How did I not know she was in a coma? Why would Mrs. Johansson tell Andrew about Olivia's condition before she told the boy who saved her? Then I realize that Mrs. Johansson doesn't know what Andrew did. I quickly get change and fly down the steps.

        "Good morning!" My mom is sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine. "I was thinking that we could visit Olivia around noon."

        My mom wasn't too happy that I risked my life for Olivia. She said that it was risky and that she never wants me to do something like that again. I laughed at her. Now that everything is over my mom is proud of me. I don't know why she is since it's not like I saved the president or the world. I check the clock and it is ten 'o clock. Only two more hours until I can see Olivia.

        "Do you want breakfast?" My mom asks me with a smile.

        "I'm not hungry," I refuse her offer. The morning sun reflects off of a thin layer of snow covering the ground. I open the backdoor and step outside. Putting on my coat I walk to my front yard and see a familiar face. Cassie.

        "Jason!" She calls while running up to me.

        "Hi Cassie," I say softly. She runs up to me and we sit in the soft white snow.

        "Are you going to see Olivia at all?" Cassie smile brightly.

        "Today I am," I draw lines in the snow.

        "Good, she needs you," Cassie smiles and looks at my drawing.

        "No she needs Andrew's apology. She was in love with him," I reply in an emotionless tone.

        "She was but now she is probably hating his guts," Cassie tilts her head to get a better view of my drawing. "What are you drawing?"

        In my drawing there is a girl sitting on a bridge, not jumping but sitting. "Nothing." I run my hand over the image and smooth out the snow. I try to choke back the tears of reality. How could someone be so miserable that they want to kill themselves? How was Olivia not able to realize how many people really loved her? I look into Cassie's eyes.

        "I'm such a horrible friend," Tears start dripping down Cassie's face.

       "You are her best friend and nothing could ever change that," I reassure her.

        "Right before she jumped off the bridge I hit her. Hit her," Cassie starts to sob even more.

        I don't know what to do in this situation so I just sit there. With my eyes welling up with tears I try to be strong, not for me but for Cassie and Olivia. I turn on my phone and check the time. Twenty more minutes until I see Olivia. "I got to go now."

        "Okay it was nice talking to you," Cassie stands up, brushes snow off of her, and then walks away.

        I start to walk back inside kicking the snow as I go. I open the back door and step inside to the safety of my home.

        "Are you ready to go now?" My mom puts down her magazine and smiles.

        "Yeah," the truth is, I've never been more ready in my life. I open the garage door and sit on the passenger seat. My mom hops into the car and starts the engine. It only takes about five minutes to get there. None of this would've happened if it wasn't for Andrew. He needs to pay for this.