Chapter 1

Hi everyone! Here's the first chapter of the sequel to Meant to be, hope you'll enjoy!

3th POV

Summerbreak. Best time of the year. Just two months of doing nothing.

'I don't wanna go back to school,' Mal sighed, when they were driving back to Auradon Prep the day before school started again.

'Tell me about it,' Ben said, sadly looking at his phone which showed him about a billion notifications of missed phone calls. 'The vacation is only over tomorrow and people are already trying to call me about whatever they need.'

Mal saw him looking at Gianna. 'I'm really gonna miss this,' she told him, looking into his eyes.

He looked back at her. 'Summer, or what?'

'Everything. Us... just being together as a family, without worrying about school and work...' she told him, rocking Gianna softly.

Ben looked down while nodding slightly. 'Yeah...'

It was silent for a while.

'Ben?' Mal said.

'Yeah,' he said back.

'Will you promise me something?' she asked him.

'Anything,' he said, curiously.

'Whatever happens in the future- we'll always be there for each other,' she said.

Ben smiled. 'I promise. I won't let you down, ever again.'

Mal smiled back and then put her head on his shoulder as they looked at their daughter. This was going to be an interesting year...

___________________________________________________________________________

When the royal couple arrived at their school, a bunch of journalists and photographers had already gathered by the entrance.

They ran up to the car as it pulled up by the entrance. The couple had to be escorted out by a few guards and so they walked through the crowd to the entrance.

Ben was holding her close while they were making their way into the school. Everyone was trying to get their attention, but they just ignored them and made their way inside, as quickly as possible.

'Mal!' someone exclaimed from the entrance hall.

Evie came running up to her and hugged her tightly.

'E, hey!' Mal greeted her, while hugging her back. 'How was your vacation?'

'It was amazing!' Evie said excitedly. 'Troy showed me New Orleans and it was so cool! And after two weeks there we went to Maldonia and there he gave me a tour of the kingdom. I swear, I didn't wanna leave.'

'So, you didn't miss me?' Mal asked, grinning.

'Of course I missed you,' Evie said. 'It was actually so weird to be away from you for like two whole months. I mean, we're always together.'

'You've got a point,' Mal said, laughing. 'And the next two years we'll be together everyday, so we have enough time to catch up.'

'That's right, we've only two years left here,' Evie realized.

'Only two years?' Mal asked. 'I'd say that's rather long.'

'Hey, Mal, I'm bringing Gianna to our dorm, okay,' Ben said when he walked up to them.

'Yeah, I'll see you there in a bit,' Mal told him.

Ben walked off while Evie stared at her.

'What?' Mal asked her.