005

CHAPTER 5: THE BURNING

KOL MIKAELSON WALKED DOWN THE ROADS OF MYSTIC FALLS. He was listening to music on a contraption called an iPod and the only thing he was wishing for was that Callista Emrys was by his side and enjoying the technology of instant music. His music was interrupted by a call.

"Jeremy mate! Want to go down to the batting cages?" Kol mocked on the phone. But to his surprise it was the sister Gilbert that answered, "I want to know more about Silas and in turn Jeremy can contact Callista Emrys on your behalf."

"How do you know that name!" Kol seethed into the phone, whatever joke this was he was not a fan of it. "She appeared to Jeremy," Elena lied through the phone.

In an instant Kol sped to the Gilbert home and froze at the door and knocked. The door opened and Elena froze in surprise. "You want to chat? Let's chat. Invite me in."

Elena and Jeremy froze and the girl looked to his brother who seemed to be looking at someone else until he finally said, "You can come in."

Kol grinned, and stepped in the house following the vampire girl to the kitchen while Jeremy trailed behind them.

"So why do you believe in Silas?" Elena questioned finally. Kol didn't hesitate to answer, "Over the centuries I have known multiple groups of witches and they all believed in Silas. Even my dear Callista, one of the grimoires she took explained the magic involved in capturing Silas."

Elena for a moment believed him but shook it off as Jeremy finally spoke up, "She's here." Kol spun suddenly and made way towards Jeremy, "You're lying!"

The hunter quickly shook his head, "No, she is here, she has dirty blonde hair, brown eyes..and she called you her poet." Kol froze and blinked many times, since he's been awoken and having flipped his switch back on, he finally could think clearly. After all the time spent thinking in his coffin he realized he should have been finding a way to resurrect her. "She said that they consecrated her but since she's not a New Orleans witch she can go between New Orleans and the other side." Jeremy stated and Kol blinked now knowing how to get her back.

"If you drop this and leave you can get her back," Jeremy added. Kol was knocked out his shock and snarled, "Whats the point of resurrecting her when Silas will bring the end of times!"

Callista Emrys stood on the other side wishing she knew what happened next but she couldn't, she was forced back into the New Orleans other side, as she calls it. When she got there the dark cold feeling returned, as it always did when she was in the New Orleans other side. Callista immediately tried to hide from the witches as she's done everyday since she died. However, before she could take another step she began to feel a warm feeling develop, the girl looked down at her chest and saw herself dissolving. And soon she was nothing.