• Chapter 34 || Me? •

I watched Hayes walk out his door and go down the stairs. I obviously wanted to clear everything up with him, but I don't think I was really ready to confront him yet. How he made me feel, how he hurt me so bad. I was in a completely confused state of mind. I know, this is probably the only thing I have been saying, but it's the only emotion I can feel. I really did want everything to clear up, but right now, in my eyes, it was all such a blur. If only we could wind back the clock, when there was no problems yet, and everything was all fine. I sat on my bed, eating a bag of Doritos, and watched TV shows on Netflix on my iPad. There was nothing else better to do. I don't think Hayes would even look at me anymore, but I don't feel comfortable looking at him. The boy I thought would glue my heart together after Jakob, was the boy that pretty much broke it a million times more. I'm not gonna start sounding soppy, and saying how everything was perfect and shit in our relationship, because in my defence, what's the point of moping and complaining about what's been done? I mean, it's okay to let it out, but I can't cry about it. I mean, yeah, it's ended, but he broke my heart, and I'm more angry than upset; all they do is play it off chill, so why can't I? Thinking about it now, it would be easier if me and a Hayes had a stereotypical relationship, but we didn't, which means it didn't lead to a stereotypical break up. He's obviously upset, and I'm more chill but angry. Wow, I guess it's like we've swapped roles. I got a bit peckish, so I saw if I could sneak down and get some toast or something. They were all at the tables, the. Liz spotted me, causing Sky and Hayes to turn. Great.

'Sweetie, aren't you hungry?'

I was about to answer when Hayes got out of his seat.

'You know, Mom, I'm not that hungry anymore.'

Such a twat.

'Oh, no, I ate already, I just wanted a bit of bread.'

'Toaster and bread is in on the side over there, honey.' She pointed at the place, and I walked over; not surprisingly, Hayes sat down and muttered,

'You know, I'll just finish this.'

Such an egotistical douchebag. Just because I walked into the kitchen, he feels like he has to move. Why is he angry at me? What the hell did I do? I spread Nutella on my toast, then went back upstairs.

I spent an hour on my bed, just lying, sitting, twitching, trying to pull myself together. I gave up. You know, I almost felt... guilty.

Why should I though? He was the one acting stupid, not me. He was the one who was, and still is a hypocrite. At least I learnt from my mistakes, while he goes on, complains about, and then make that very same mistake, which he told me not to do. I don't even know why I'm ranting, but I guess it's good to get things of your chest. I heard a voice calling me; it was Liz. I walked downstairs, seeing her face at the bottom. I kinda slipped on the way down, but I played it off cool.

'So, did you speak to Hayes? What did he say?'

I fiddled with my fingers, and she changed to a distressed face.

'It didn't work, did it?'

'No. I'm sorry, Liz. I tried the best I could.'

Okay, I lied. But I couldn't tell her. It would break her heart, and probably mine by speaking about it.

'It's okay, sweetie. At least you tried.' I was about to walk away, and then she continued.
'It's just, I've never seen him like this. I don't know what's wrong, and I feel like if I don't act on it, I'll be a bad mother and -'

She started tearing up. It is horrible, watching your child grow up. I came and hugged her, she was like a mother to me anyways.

'It's okay, maybe it's just teenage years or something. I went through that stage, but it gets better. for everyone. I promise. I'll keep an eye out for him.'

'Thanks so much, Y/N. You've been such a help and I'm going to hate to see you go next week.

I forgot how fast time goes by. I'm leaving next Friday.

'It's okay, and thank you for being such a loving family to me.'

She smiled a bit, and I went upstairs, again, with reassuring yet distraught thoughts. They had been such an amazing family, but then this problem came up in the way of everything, our friendship, family, friends and now Liz felt upset about her own son. All because... of me?

-------------
IM SORRY FOR A LATE UPDATE, I WAS CLEANING MY ROOM THEN MY PARENTS SUDDENLY DECIDED TO GO KRISPY KREME, AND WHO CAN RESIST I MEAN COME ON DOUGHNUTS🙌so yeah sorry but here's the update! and sorry if it's really crappy😁

I am so close to 1k votes! please make that happen if you can, and thanks for all the reads and votes once again, ilyallllllll❤️❤️❤️

gonna be a short a/n so you guys don't have to read all these boring notes again lol😂 but I just want to say thankyou for everything. I know I say this in like all my a/n but I really mean it and I appreciate everything; all the votes, reads, comments, everything. you guys are the best ily all so much💖💖💖💖

qotd: favourite books/ book series? ♡
aotd: pjo and hoO are amazing🎀

~ hayesbaess02 xxx