Part 5

Everyone quickly agreed to more alcohol and they made their way to the charmed champagne flutes. George was the first to the table and grabbed two glasses.

"Ah, thanks, George," Ron said as he went to grab the glass from his brother.

George twisted his body away with a large frown on his face. "Not for you. Sorry, mate."

Ron glowered as he watched George make his way to Juliette and hand her the second glass. She blushed and gratefully accepted. They clinked glasses and took a sip of their fizzy drink, never once breaking eye contact.

Ron rolled his eyes and grabbed two champagne glasses—both for himself.

The orchestra began an upbeat waltz and the dance floor parted to reveal Draco Malfoy leading his mother to the center of the ballroom. Hermione watched with great affection at the mother-son pair dancing to the beautiful music with such sophistication and grace.

She knew she could never possess such elegance in a normal setting, but in that moment and in that gown, she felt otherwise. Her smile grew as Draco spun her mother around and her black gown twirled after her. They truly were a sight to watch as their black attire contrasted their pale, milky complexion and almost snow-white hair.

"Granger," Fred whispered to her, "you're drooling."

Hermione immediately scowled at the Weasley twin and rolled her eyes, causing a light hearted chuckle to escape his lips.

As the dance continued, more and more couples accompanied Narcissa and Draco on the dance floor. Seeing this, Juliette beamed and quickly grabbed George's hand, pulling him forward and nearly causing him to drop his champagne flute.

"Let's dance!" she excitedly smiled.

"I'm not a very good dancer," George admitted uneasily.

"Don't worry, neither am I," Juliette giggled, setting her finished champagne glass on a table. "C'mon!"

She pulled on George's hand again while walking backwards. Feeling the softness of her hand and seeing the adorable enthusiasm on her face made it impossible for him to resist. He downed the rest of his champagne in one gulp and let her pull him onto the dancefloor.

"Woo! Go, George!" Ginny cheered from the sidelines. Harry had a large grin on his face as he watched the two get into waltz position.

George tried to recall his Yule Ball training with McGonagall and accidentally let out a laugh when he remembered Ron dancing with the old professor. Juliette questioned his sudden chuckle with a tilt of her head and he told her the story as they began to waltz. Juliette burst into laugher when he described Ron's face when forced to place his hand on McGonagall's waist.

George beamed from ear to ear at the resonating sound of her laughter and at the fact that he had caused her to laugh in such a manner. Technically, Ron caused her to laugh like that. . . but George told himself it was due to the way he explained the story details.

Harry suddenly got the urge to participate and asked Ginny if she wanted to dance. Ginny instantly agreed, saying "I thought you'd never ask!" and they bolted to the dance floor. Fred decided he wanted to join in on the fun, as well, and asked one of the girls he was flirting with at the beginning of the party if they wanted to dance. That left behind Luna, Hermione, and Ron.

"You two should dance," Luna said, looking at the two with a lazy smile.

Ron and Hermione turned to each other with incredulous looks on their faces.

"Us?" Hermione asked with a laugh, waving a finger between herself and Ron.

Ron shook his head with the accompany of an amused chuckle. "Yeah, don't be daft. Absolutely not."