Part 2

Narcissa was dressed in floor length black gown with black lace sleeves. She looked ever regal as the lady of the manor. Her smile contrasted the darkness of her dress and brightened her whole face, revealing her dazzling beauty further. She extended her arms out to her young guests as they continued into the manor, dusting their suits and gowns of leftover floo powder.

"Narcissa," Hermione returned the hug. "It's so great to see you again. Beautiful, as always."

Narcissa gave her a deep smile. "Thank you, dear. Look at you!" Narcissa stepped backwards to give Hermione a full look over. "If I didn't know any better, I would wager you to be a true Slytherin," she winked. Hermione blushed and thanked her with a small chuckle. She wondered if Narcissa had a clue as to how she obtained such a Slytherin-esque dress.

Narcissa turned her attention to the other guests and looked at them all with a proud gleam in her eyes—as if they were her own children. George and Fred walked up to Narcissa and bowed. Fred took Narcissa's hand first, giving it a kiss, before handing it to George who did the same.

"Thank you for having us, Narcissa," George said with his award-winning grin. Fred thanked her next and the twins traveled next to Hermione, again linking arms with hers.

Ron plastered a sweet smile onto his face. He was not as comfortable with the Malfoys as everyone else was, especially with Draco, but Narcissa was always pleasant towards them. He made his way to the elegant witch.

"Your ladyship," Ron bowed. "Thank you for inviting us again this year."

"My pleasure, Mr. Weasley. I am delighted to see you."

Next, Harry and Ginny went forward to greet Narcissa.

"Narcissa," Ginny curtsied. "You look lovely."

Narcissa bowed her head back and took hold of Ginny's arms. "As do you, Ginevra, dear. I love your gown." Ginny instantly brightened at that compliment, having earned the approval of the Narcissa Malfoy.

"Harry," Narcissa smiled. "Welcome. What a pleasure to see you again."

Harry slightly bowed, "The pleasure is all mine, Narcissa. I am very happy to be back. I can't wait for the ball to begin." He bent to kiss her knuckles.

She chuckled. "As am I. Come. Let us go to the ballroom, shall we?" She half turned with one arm open gesturing to move forward and led the group down the Manor halls.

~~

Inside, the ballroom was even more gorgeous than the receiving area. An enormous diamond chandelier hung from the ceiling and sparkled against the lights. Tables lined against the walls filled with various food items, ranging from lamb chops to chocolate eclairs. There was even a roast beef mini table with a charmed knife to cut perfect sized portions for the guests.

Champagne and white colored flowers freckled all of the tables, bringing light to the ballroom. To match, various intricate wall decor the same colors were precisely placed on all four walls of the room.

Off to the side was an ice sculpture of a dragon with its wings spread out wide looking both menacing and powerful at the same time.

Hermione thought about how much that accurately represented the Malfoys and Draco, in particular.

"Norwegian Ridgeback," Ron nudged her nodding his head in the direction of the sculpture.

Next to the icy decoration, a small stage was placed with orchestra musicians setting up chairs and getting their instruments ready.

The group always felt a bit out of place in the beginning of the party as people were still flooding in and beginning to mingle. Narcissa had left them a little while earlier to welcome more guests and brought them to the refreshment table where a charmed bottle was pouring champagne into glasses. They all accepted one and lingered near the safe walls of the party, too nervous to venture to the middle of the ballroom.