#15. It's Not Your Fault

She was sitting near the window lost in her own thoughts. Tears were rolling down her eyes. She was thinking about the incident that happened a month ago. She was not at fault but she was blamed for the same. She was strong enough but that incident made her weak. She could remember what people said to her when they came to know about her….
Her own aunt taunted her with…

“Kaisi hai tu …..janam lete hi toh tu apni maa ko kha gayi aur phir paanch saal baad mujhse mere bhai ko bhi cheen liya. Ab kya bas yahi dekhna reh gaya tha ……tu mar kyun nahi jaaati !!!”
She pushed her out of her house.

Even her friends who used to roam around her for her help were now at one hand distance from her

Even her friends who used to roam around her for her help were now at one hand distance from her. Though it was not her fault yet she was considered the reason of what all happened with her.
Was it her fault to stay late at office to complete the work as other people moved out early? Was it her fault to be dedicated in all the manner? Was it her fault to go home alone  late in the night or it was her fault that no one came to pick her up??

She cried more remembering the incident and taunts of people which she had to listen even though it was not her mistake. Her only mistake was that she was a girl. Was it a mere reason of her being raped? She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn’t even realize when he came and stood beside her.  He kept his hand on her shoulder and she literally screamed.

“ Nahiiiii…

“ Nahiiiii….chhod do mujjhe !!!! Chhodo mujhe !!!!” she shouted.

He was shocked to see her  like that. He hold her by arms and spoke.

"Relax Ruhana......Main Vineet hu ....chilla kyun rahi ho ??” he said in order to calm her.

She turned to hug him but then didn’t do so. She jumped apart from her. He looked at her and found her in tears. He moved closer to her and cupped her face.