#18. Jazbaati Dil

Love is a beaut feeling but it’s hard to understand at times. It’s not possible that two people to have the same feelings and thoughts about love. It’s good to have differences but not those which hurt you. But, you can’t control your emotions and you get into a clash. Such is the story of Ruhana Malhotra and Vineet Kumar.

Ruhana and Vineet are inspectors in the CID. They are very good friends and everyone on the team of CID lives like one big family. Dr Salunkhe and ACP Pradyuman are the heads of this big family. They may not get chances to vacay around but they surely have their homes open to each other and they keep assembling at each other’s places and enjoy life as it comes to them.

It’s a Saturday eve and as there’s no case, the officers are packing their stuff to leave home. Ruhana is also keeping her stuff into her handbag when someone taps her shoulder. She turns around to find Purvi standing beside her.

“Hey, Ruhana, tum ghar hi jaa rahi ho na?” Purvi asks.

“Han, Purvi. Tumhe kuch kaam tha kya?” Ruhana asks.

“Han, wo mujhe kuch shopping karni hain toh hum chalein kya? Tarika ko toh Salunkhe Sir ke sath rukna hain aur Shreya bhi chutti par hain. Hum dono chale?” Purvi asks.

“Good plan, Purvi. Hum jaa sakte hain. Kal Sunday hai toh hum relax kar sakte hain.” Ruhana beams with joy.

“Yes! Then let’s go!” Purvi smiles.

Ruhana nods and they move out, while Purvi signals something to someone, which is not noticed by Ruhana. Both Purvi and Ruhana drive in Purvi’s car and they reach the Max Orbit mall.

*****
Max Orbit Mall

Purvi and Ruhana enter the mall and they enter the Lifestyle showroom. They’re happy to have some free time and they choose some dresses for themselves. Ruhana is looking at some A-line tops when Purvi shows her a gown which is shoulder-less.

“Ruu, ye tum pe acha lagega. Isey hi lelo.” Purvi chuckles.

“Arey nahi, Purvi. Ab isko pehenne ka time hi kahan milega?” Ruhana smiles.

“Time milega tab pehen lena, Ruu! You know, it will look good on you. Vineet bhi keh raha tha ki tum par acha lagte hain aise dresses.” Purvi says with a smile.

“Purvi, please. Mujhe nahi chahiye. Aur main ye bhi jaanti hoon ki Vineet ne tumse aisa kyun kaha? Lekin please, I don’t want it.” Ruhana says a bit annoyingly.

“Acha relax! Let’s make the payment and go to our favourite place for dinner. What say?” Purvi looks at her best friend.

Ruhana nods in agreement and the two friends hurriedly make the payment and leave for their favourite restaurant nearby the mall. Ruhana and Purvi occupy a corner seat and the latter orders their favourite cuisines. She already knows what Ruhana would like.

“Ruhana, why are you still in that trance?” Purvi questions.