#19. Joys Of Motherhood

|The story is based on the poem “Morning Song” by Sylvia Plath.|

Motherhood is a beautiful boon, they say. It is the most beautiful and life-changing experience of a woman. When a woman becomes a mother, it’s considered her new birth and she begins a new life as a mother.

Motherhood is not only about the birth of a child but also about the birth of a new mother. Two new lives are born. Having a child is a beautiful experience that comes with a lot of responsibility.

God has been kind enough to bless women with the power of creating and nurturing. A woman not only nurtures a child but society as well. She toils through many new changes, cravings, pain and mood swings, yet she loves her unborn child endlessly. There’s no limit to a mom’s love.

She might be pained or stressed, but seeing her child, she becomes happy and her eyes shine bright. Her children are her reasons to live in this wide world. She’s a mother and only craves for love of her children.

She finishes writing her feelings in a diary. A small smile plays on her lips as she glances at a little baby sleeping in the middle of the bed. Yeah, she’s a new mom and her child is two months old. It’s a baby girl. Her beloved hubby isn't leaving any stone unturned in pampering her and taking her care and also for their little princess.

She’s Ruhana Kumar, a young lady with high ambitions

She’s Ruhana Kumar, a young lady with high ambitions. She’s a fashion designer by profession while her husband Vineet Kumar is a businessman. The couple is madly in love with each other. They’re both very passionate about their career and life. After deciding that they’ll focus on their careers during the initial years of their wedding, the news that Ruhana is pregnant came as a surprise. At first, the girl didn’t like it. Moreover, Vineet didn’t want the child either. They didn’t know what to do but they think about settling the matter.

Vineet and Ruhana have an argument regarding the unborn child who’s yet to come into the world. The latter wanted to go for an abortion while the former has made up his mind to have the baby. After all, the unborn baby is not at fault.

One fine day, Ruhana walks in the park on the society premises. She’s in the park when she notices a little girl sitting on a bench. The little one is crying, almost 4 years old. Ruhana rushes towards her and tries to pacify her but the little one continues crying. Ruhana looks around to find her parents but she didn’t find anyone. She lifts the little one in her arms and asks her name.

“Ananya.” The little girl replies.

“Okay. Where is your Mumma?” She asks.

“I don’t know.” comes the innocent reply.

Ruhana lifts Ananya in her arms and walks around the park hoping to find the girl’s mom. Unfortunately, she couldn’t find the mother and she informs the secretary of the society about the same. She decides to take the little one home and take care of her until they find her mom.