Chapter XI

As months passed by my love for Altair grew and so did his respect and leadership in the clan. Jaxx was now immersed with our clan as the castle became ours. Many people hailed us or feared us for taking out the elders because it was viewed as both a bravery and or a disloyal act that may have been necessary. We were bigger than celebrities. We were the Elite. Maddox was moved from the original Argyle family headquarters to the castle and my mother, my biological mother was now thriving in a life she never knew she could experience. My life was caught between a vampire and a human. I was a hybrid. The only hybrid known to exist. I was caught in purgatory I suppose. I was alive nor dead. I felt human but could not die. Nothing could stop me. I was immortal. Silver, bullets nor the sun could kill me. This was a secret only kept between Altair and I.

"Altair!" I called for him. He came immediately. He came up slowly from behind me and hugged my waist. I looked at myself for the first time in what felt like forever. I wasn't able to see my reflection in four months but here I was staring at my reflection. My eyes were purple, my skin didn't look pale, it was tan. My fangs retracted when I controlled them, my skin was perfect. My big bump was kicking away. I placed Altair's' hand on the kick and his smile could not be any wider. 

"I never thought I would be able to say I got everything I ever wanted." Altair's face suddenly turned from happy to worried when he heard and then saw a bunch of water hit the floor. I turned up to see Altair's concerned expression and then collapsed in his arms. 

The next thing I remember was an on-call doctor with the help of his nurse cutting me open but every time he made an incision I would heal. I heard their chitchat as I was in and out of conscience.

"What are we going to do doc? The baby will die if we don't get it out on time." The nurse reminded him. He scratched his forehead looking for an answer when Altair came into the room. 

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Altair asked them.

"She is too strong. We can't get this baby out. Every incision I make heals again and she isn't dilated at all. The baby is going to die." The nurse quickly told Altair who thought on his feet. Without any caution or word Altair took my arm and drained my blood by drinking it. Although this is thought to be an intimate moment between vampires this was the only thing Altair thought to do to weaken me. 

"It's working!" The doctor yelled out in glee as he made the incision on my belly. I yelled out in agonizing pain since no anesthesia worked on me. I bit on a leather belt that another nurse was holding across my mouth. When I heard the baby crying I let go of everything. My eyes rolled back as I was overwhelmed with emotions. 

When I woke up I was just in a slight discomfort but I healed quickly. I heard echo's of rage in the hallway. I got up and out of the room and followed the echo's. I was down in the dungeon noticing Maddox's cell was empty. I suddenly sped up. I caught Altair hovering over Maddox in a rage. The fear in Maddox's eyes was relived when he spotted me. 

"Altair!" I yelled out to him. He turned to look up at me and for the first time in my life I saw tears run down Altair's face. This was not normal. Vampires did not and don't cry. I ran up to him and as I did he gave up. He let go of all his pain and fell back into the wall with me holding him. Maddox fled the scene and I could not care less. "Talk to me."

"The baby is Maddox's child. It was never mine," Altair told me. He wiped his tears from his face and hung his head low in his arms. I could not see his face. 

"Did you and Maddox ever..." I couldn't let him finish that sentence. 

"You very well know that when I met you I was a virgin." I reassured him.

"Then how!" He snapped at me. 

"I don't know how!" A silence rest between us as a billion questions rang through out my mind. Altair stood in the same position. He was in as much disbelief as I was.