Chapter X

When my mother opened her eyes I wanted to jump back but her jaw was latched onto me like an alligator to a swan. She would not let go. I began to feel weaker and weaker until Altair came from behind me and burned himself picking up the silver chains. He then pressed them against her face. She yelled out in agony as I pulled my arms away from her mouth. When Altair dropped the silver chains he looked at me and my hands and then at Cecelia, my biological mother.

"Where am I? How long have I been gone?" my mother was beautiful. She even sounded as beautiful as she looked. Her voice was very light and airy and her cheeks were rosy like apples but quickly turned pale, pale than she already was when I told her what year it was. She tilted her head to the side and then cupped my face.

"I am your daughter," I told her so she could stop playing the guessing game with herself. Her eyes began to fill with tears but none went over the rim of her eyes as mine did. I felt an immediate connection with her. I knew she was my mother. She looked just like me but a tad older. Altair observed us both in disbelief at how similar we looked.

"Rosalia?" She asked me with a slight Spanish accent. I shook my head yes. "It really is you. Me Preciosa." I helped her up and out of the casket noticing her old tattered up clothes still on her. 

"We should get you changed. Altair can you run a bath for her when we get upstairs while I find something for her to wear."

"Yes I can but I have to talk with you after." He told me as he ran up ahead of me. I turned to my mother who was observing everything.

"Nothing has changed." She said out loud to herself as she looked around at the interior of the castle. 

"I have so many questions to ask you."

"As do I." She told me as I led her into the bathroom where Altair had run ahead of me so that it would have been set up before we got up. " I will bring by some clothes for you to wear." she shook her head, stripped, and went into the warm bath all in one motion before letting Altair and me out. Altair seemed flustered.

"It's okay Altair," I assured him he had nothing to worry about just because he saw my mother's naked body but it didn't seem to phase him in the slightest.

"It's not that Lia." He walked with me to our room and as we did concern grew in his eyes.

"How were you able to get those heavy silver chains of your mother?"

"Like any other hu-" Just as I was about to finish my sentence I came back to reality. I was a vampire. That Silver should have burned me but it didn't do anything. "I think that baby is doing more than not letting you drink blood. It is keeping you from turning into a full vampire. it's protecting you somehow."

"Well, the only way that would be true is if I could see my reflection." I casually said and then I turned to Altair with surprise. I ran all the way to our bedroom chambers and looked in the mirror but there was nothing. I had gotten excited about nothing. 

"If what you say is true then that would mean this baby inside me is human," I told him as I scavaged through my lugged for extra clothes. I always packed for more days than I was staying whenever I was traveling. I found a beautiful long plain dress that I felt would suit her. 

"Lia," Altair grabbed my forearm before I left out our beds chambers.

"Please be careful with her. I know she is your mother but we don't know her. We have no idea why they chained her."

"They chained her because they were abusing her for a crime must like they did to you." I reminded him. He let go of my arm allowing me to head to my mother. I placed the clothes for him and then left leaving her some privacy.