Chapter XII

Maddox Wild had been my friend since before I was a vampire. He made sure I was taken care of. He was always there for me through thick and thin but ever since vampires came out from the dark corners of the world exposing themselves to humankind my friendship alone with my love for him diminished. My mother pushed me into the room and bolted the door closed. Maddox awoke with the sound of the door closing behind me. 

"Who is there?" Maddox got up in fright but when I turned my head up from the ground his eyes grew with fear. My purple glowing eyes were pulsing. It wanted his blood. I could see his shadow move from the bits of moonlight that shone in from the sunroof above.

"Rosalie stay back." He told me. I haven't heard him say my name like that in what felt like years. When we first met he played with different ways to call my name aside from Rosalia. For the longest time, he called me Rosalie till he called me Lia. He also called me Rosie, Rose, Ro. "Don't come any closer. I have silver on me." He held up my necklace. The necklace that my parents have given me was also chipped. I had wondered where it had gone. 

"You have my cross?" I asked him staggering back. As he held up my necklace the light reflected off of it. I ran up to it accidentally forgetting I wasn't immune to silver again. I never learn, do I? I gasped at the burn and then sat at the edge of his bed. I remembered when my parents gave this to me. My heart began to sink into my stomach. I missed them so much. How was I moving on without them? I wanted to cry but I could not. I turned around to Maddox who was up into the corner of the wall. 

"Stop it Dox," I told him. I wanted life the way it was before. I had forgotten what it was like to be human but it was all coming back to me now. "Please, I just want to talk," I reassured him. He just looked at me and reluctantly sat down in a wooden chair far from me. 

"What is it?"

"I had your baby." I just blurted it out. Maddox got up quickly, moving the chair to the side. 

"What?" He asked me in shock.

"Your baby.." He cut me off.

"I heard you the first time Lia. I just....how?" He asked me.

"Dr. Jokavich inseminated me to make me produce a baby with my own blood or at least that is our guess."

"I don't know what to say or do," Maddox told me. " I never wanted to have kids of my own until I met you but then that all changed and then..." I immediately turned to him.

"Wait what?" 

"Nothing. Forget what I said."

"No, tell me." Maddox fidgeted in the seat, got up, and then sat up against the long drawer. He ran his fingers through his hair and then spoke to me.

"I liked you a lot back then but you knew that. What you didn't know was that I loved you.  Before you, life was just a game to me and then it had meaning when you came into it. I saw my self having a family with you, a life. Then all this happened and well things change okay. Now you are what you are and those feelings are gone." He explained to me but I didn't believe him. I wanted to test it out for myself. I slowly went up to him and as I did I felt my hands tingle. Maddox went into the corner of the wall. I trapped him. He had no way out. His eyes scanned every possible way out and then he examined me. I felt urges in my body. Different pulses then before. Altair wasn't even a thought. Maddox innocent eyes were filled with worry as I sauntered over to him. 

"Lia, please." He begged as I pressed my bodice onto him, He held on to the edge of the dower so tight the white of his knuckles appeared. He turned his head up, away from me. Every little thing he did to resist me turned me on ever more. I licked his neck letting my fangs grow out. My sexual desires were now kicking. My fangs grew out of my mouth and just as I was about to bite into him I felt his hands collapse onto me and along with the silver cross. It burned my flesh. I hissed at him indistinctly and moved back.