Chapter VIII

I was the rare vampire that everyone talked about a couple of years back. I wasn't supposed to be born. How did I turn out to be the rumor that was true? How was I supposed to believe all this knowing that I had human parents who loved and cared for me but never told me I was adopted. My whole life was built on a lie. Were my parents ever going to tell me I was adopted? I was upset at them until I realized maybe I might have done the same thing if I was in their shoes. I got to live a life without questioning who and where I was from. I had a normal childhood. I did not once ask who I was or where I came from because I knew where I came from. Jaxx and Diggory stared at me with such an intense gaze I became nervous about their intentions.

"I can't believe it. I got to lay my eyes on the rare one." Diggory said in amazement. His striking green eyes would not turn away from my face. He looked on at me in awe as if I was a God or something. 

"Not for long." Jaxx told him as he walkd trowds him. Diggory took several steps back as Jaxx came closer to him. It was not like Diggory could fend him off. He did not have enough blood in his system to create the energy he needed to fight Jaxx off. Diggory then clammord to his knees.

"You can't kill me just yet! I know where her mother is." Jaxx said to him. I rushed over to Diggory fillig the space betwee him and Jaxx. 

"You're going to believe what he says. He is probly just telling you what you want to hear so that he can stay alive." 

"If he knows where my biological mother is I have to know. I can bring her back to life. I can see what she looks like." I told Jaxx as he took a step back I disappointment. "Are you lying> or do you really know where my mother is?" I asked Diggory with determined eyes requesting the truth. 

" I do know where your mother is."

"Wait a second..." Jaxx pushed me and crouched to Diggorys level. You just said a minute ago you thought they were rumors. Everything that was said about her mother having her and whatnot. How would you know where she is hiding if you ever laid eyes on her?"

"I met her mother once before I joined the coven. She was very intimidating. She had way about her.  If she looked at you you might as well have been looking into the eyes of medusa but it wasn't till she met this human that she became vulnerable. Everyone saw the difference in her but didn't know what it was until she was caught on the streets walking with him. Back then our kind was forbidden to be with humans. We were the best-kept secret until all this got out a few years ago but I digress. I never got to see yo be born because I was told it was a rumor. They told me they were putting her away for punishment of man-handling but now I know it is because of you." Diggory told me with his big round eyes scanning me.

"You must show us where she is." I requested.

"I want to be free." Diggory simply said.

"You are not in any position to demand that," Jaxx told him as he lifted him up from the ground and pushed his back up against the catacombs. "For all, we know she could be in any one of these coffins," Jaxx said.

"She could be but then again she could not and if you kill me you will ever know," Diggory stated as Jaxx let him go and paced around the room thinking of what to do. 

"We won't kill you. How is that for a deal?" Diggory looked down at Jaxxs hand and then at me. I shrugged my shoulder. I didn't know what to even do. 

"No, that won't good enough." Diggory began to get on my nerves. His a small grin was slowly appearing at the edge of his mouth. He thought he was winning but he had another thing coming if he thought that. Just knowing Diggory thought made my blood boil. I pushed Diggory up against the catacombs sick of his shit.