Epilogue 2. Two villainous matchmakers

A week after Song Lang's detention...

Little by little, the black coffin gets covered by dirt. People around the open grave pay respects to the man inside, Nie Mingjue, and the surviving brother, who did his best to recover his remains.

All the people present loved Nie Mingjue and gathered to say goodbye to him for a second time. Also, all the people present knew now how ruthless, and relentless Nie Huaisang can be. Some were in awe, some were in fear, but two were just sad.

"Have they reconciled?" asks Meng Yao quietly to Wei Ying.

Wei Ying sighs, "No, Xichen is still with Qiren and Rui, and Cheng spends his days with his mom and dad".

"I felt bad about lashing at this that time, me and my big mouth. However, I never thought something bad could happen to him. Anyway, I apologized to Huaisang already," says Meng Yao.

"And?" asks Wei Ying.

Meng Yao looks around and whispers, "He may or may not agree not to make my life miserable if we cross paths again. I can tell you, the guy might look very sweet, but even Xue Yang is more innocent than him".

Wei Ying was about to smile when Meng Yao quivered and asked, "He is behind me, isn't he?"

Wei Ying nodded.

Xue Yang said in a raspy voice, "I have been called many things, troublemaker, mischievous, naughty boy, but never sweet and innocent. Mmh. What can I do to change your opinion?"

Meng Yao used his most potent smoulder and said in a honey voice, "After the funeral, you can help me with something".

Three hours later

Xue Yang's skin looked shiny by all the large seat beads on his face, yet he was relentlessly pushing a big box along with Meng Yao. The area looked quiet and isolated, and they were heading towards an old, dilapidated house that had seen better days centuries ago.

"Ok, When you said help me with something, I thought we would have some fun together," said Xue Yang.

Meng Yao replied, "Helping couples to be together is fun. Listen. I know you are selfish, but I am not. My best friends need me, and I will fix their love life no matter what".

"Ok. So what is the plan again?" Xue Yang asked the man next to him.

"Well, the idea is to make them talk to each other by putting them in a situation where they need to communicate".

"So, is it worth using one of your relics with such a good plan?" Asks Xue Yang.

"It is said that the sword inside contains a powerful demon that once caused havoc in the world. It is good. Also, you will be the one doing the call," replies Meng Yao while opening the door of the old abandoned mansion and pushing the box inside.

"What? Why me?" interrogates Xue Yang.

Meng Yao sighed, "Because if I do it, they will know my intentions. No worries, I will stay here with you. You call Xiao Xingchen, and be clear it is a demon. Since Lan Zhan and Wei Ying are on duty today, Xingchen will call Ah-Cheng, who has a hold on Chengquin. Once he comes, Ah-Xichen will come too. Those will meet here and work through this problem to save you, and they will talk. Everybody is happy. The end."

Then they closed the door of the mansion. Xue Yang started to write guards on the walls while continuing his rambling, "These spells will be strong enough to contain the demon from getting out, but it might be too much for a regular user. If this takes too long, I will lose my favourite program, and I want to see it".

After a moment or two of getting the building covered by guards, Xue Yang sat on the remains of some stairs, and Meng Yao handed him a bottle of water. they contemplated their work and smiled at each other. "Ready?" asked Xue Yang, and Meng Yao nodded. 

Xue Yang took off his phone and started calling. Finally, someone picked up the phone. Then he screamed, "Please, brother, I need help. A demon is here, and it is too powerful. I'll send you the location. Save me!"

Then he hung up the phone and winked at Meng Yao. "Done, now let's see how this plays out".

The door creaked but held the demon outside the room, screeching noises and howls were heard, and the two men came close to each other. After a while, the noises calmed, and the two men realized they had started to hold hands. They scoff and turn around in silence.

"So about us. I mean, don't feel sad. We did try. it was just not meant to be," said Meng Yao.

Xue Yang shook his head. "I know. I don't blame you. Xingchen is the most important person to me, and he needs me. So the day he got injured, I promised myself I would dedicate the rest of my life to making him happy no matter the cost".

He didn't say it, but Meng Yao understood. "While you were gone, I also met someone. We lived together for a while in my shop, but he had to travel to Rome. Now that everything is over, maybe I can follow him".

Xue Yang humphed but then grinned and said, "maybe you can".

Meng Yao smiled. "Maybe I can..."

the conversation was halted by noises outside and growls and howls that indicated the demon was being successfully subdued, and then silence came.

Then a worried voice came. "Ah- Yang, brother, where are you? Brother, please answer me!

Xue Yang's eyes widened. His blind sweet brother came to his rescue. How?

The two men opened the door only to find a worried Xiao Xingchen and two sexy men in police uniforms.

Ouch.

"Please tell me there is an explanation for this madness because your brother was worried sick for you," Wei Ying asked while his husband cleaned his uniform from two specks of dust that emaciated his pristine appearance.

After a moment, Meng Yao and Xue yang explained everything, and Wei Ying started to laugh like a maniac. After he was done, Lan Zhan explained, "When you left, Sanren invited Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen for a fancy dinner and a long conversation. They are together now, I suppose, since Sanren sent us some photos of the two holding hands".

Xue Yang exhaled. "Good. Can we go home now? I am tired and hungry". Then, he turned to Meng Yao and patted his shoulder. "You will have my bill in your mail soon", and started to leave. While taking Xingchen's hand, he took a moment to embrace the beautiful creature in front of him "you came to my rescue. I am so glad."

Then, he dragged the blind man outside.

The three men inside looked at each other and then at the box containing the demon and frowned. 

Three weeks later

Every goodbye is difficult, but when friends separate, they are never truly gone. So three men who have been companions for almost 20 years in the airport say goodbye.

Jiang Cheng hugs Men Yao in a rare display of affection "Never forget, Italian men are vigorous, so better you get a hot boyfriend over there".

Xingchen let them be and said, "Don't pressure him. He has something in mind, Ah-Yao. Please be careful and remember, even if this new business position doesn't work, you always have a home here".

The three hugged for a while as if that embrace must warm their heart for a lifetime. Then Meng Yao followed the line to the international departures heading towards his future with his heart full of expectations. Because sometimes a good friend is more than a brother and a sworn brother is all the family you need.

author's note

Once again, Meng Yao's and Xue Yang's plans are thwarted by the WangXian power. I might write two or three more epilogues. I hope you like this one.