Chapter 2

50 years later
*3rd person pov*

And there you were, in Headmaster Dippet's office. Not knowing that Dumbledore was now their headmaster. "Hello?" You called out, hoping for a response. "Ah, and who might you be?" Asked Dumbledore. You said: "Professor Dumbledore? Don't you remember me?" "Oh please, I was just messing with you of course I remember you Y/n L/n. After 50 years, we meet again. Do you still remember our promise?" He asked. "Oh! Right, here's your Time Turner professor, but may I ask, are you our headmaster now?" "Yes Y/n, I am indeed your headmaster. But keep in mind, you still have to sign up as a transfer student to our school. I'll let the other professors and staff know about you miss L/n. Since you're already in my office, how about we sort you into your new house?" He says while taking the sorting hat and placing it onto my head. "Y/n L/n? Well that is peculiar," he says while thinking hard. "And I can tell you've gotten a lot smarter! Let's put you in Gryffindor!" The sorting hat says. (A/N: I apologise if you're house isn't Gryffindor, so I do hope you don't mind. Once again I apologise but I just feel like it fits better with my story if she was in Gryffindor)

After summer vacation
*readers pov*

During summer Professor Dumbledore allowed me to stay in one of the Gryffindor dorms. But now a whole new school year is about to begin, I decided to not repack and then unpack since it would just be completely ridiculous. Since it was now dinner time, Professor Dumbledore told me to wait outside with all the 1st years, he soon gestured me to go sit at the Gryffindor table. The Professor soon announced:

"Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts. And a warm welcome to our new students! Especially Y/n L/n a transfer student from Ilvermorny, we normally don't receive any transfer students but we wanted to try something different and new this year I suppose, so let us all welcome her with open arms!" He smiled at me. LNow I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Goodluck Professor." Said Professor Dumbledore while Professor Lupins rood up from his seat and at back down. "Of course- that's why he knew to give you chocolate, Harry." A girl with bushy brown hair said. "Potter. Potter! Is it true you fainted? I mean you actually fainted?" "Shove off Malfoy." Said the ginger-haired boy. "...-Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own... Rubeus Hagrid." Everyone started clapping their hands and whooping. "Finally on a more disquieting note, at a request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But, you know happiness can be found, even in the darkest times..." He swishes his hand over the candle to blow away the fire as he said the last sentence. "If one only remembers to turn in the light." He swishes his hand once again to make the fire reappear.

After sorting all the 1st years

"Now that we're done with sorting, dig in everyone." Everyone soon dug in, including me. "Hi! I'm Harry, Harry Potter." He said smiling. "Hello Harry, I'm Y/n L/n" but soon realised that- "Oh wait- Professor Dumbledore already said that, sorry" I said with flushed cheeks from embarrassment. A girl with bushy brown hair started to laugh along with a red-headed boy. "It's fine Y/n, anyways I'm Hermione Granger and he's Ron Weasley." "And I'm Ginny Weasley, Ron's little sister, and that's Fred and George Weasley they're our brothers, twin brothers." Ron smiled at me along with Ginny while Hermione took out her hand to shake with mine, we shook hands while giggling.