Chapter 22: Missed

After this confidential connection began, everything changed for a bit. I sleep with her every night then act like her personal servant in front of the Purples which isn't true anymore. It becomes deeper yet conclude for me. Questioning if she can be that person I can trust, I can rely on. The fact that she has this wicked act and sweet sensation at the same time but thinking about what she did to those people? Could she really can stop that nature she temporarily become?

"Listen everyone. We had a visitor last night and he wants to see all of you. Please, don't let me disappointed with your behavior this time" my deep pondering interrupts by her cane tapping on the floor with the match of her eyes connecting on mine. She already noticed how blank I am today. Acquired that she might be asking for it later, hoping she will not.

However, while she's moving away in front of the entrance of the dining room, sudden footsteps coming from outside going here. Assuming it's the visitor. Quiet overwhelming for everyone that sound visitor making. Everyone gets surprised by the presence of the visitor. A handsome man with long strawberry-blonde hair and striking blue eyes coming into our dining room wore a suit but looks mysterious.

He looked unexpectedly calm which makes me feel intriguing about it. Who is this man that suddenly showed up like this?

"You all must be the Purples, am I right? My name is Michael Langdon, the Cooperative representative" his voice is deep and soothes like an angel in every word he put out on his lip. He walked by the side of the chair of The Purples sitting. Observing all of them with his eyes, randomly looking to everyone, to us. What a strange person he is. Our eyes luring by his walks, motions until he suddenly stopped in front of the fireplace.

Facing us with his presence unexplainable yet giving me chills in my bones then he speaks clearly while looking at everyone.

"This place is running out of time and your lives are drowning down here" with his announcement, everyone gets shocked about it. Unwell what will happen to their lives right now. While everyone is getting panicked deep inside of their looks, Mr. Langdon smile silently like it's nothing to him. The fear they've been taken was unnoticeable for him. It's nothing for him.

"However, with the help of mine. I am going to save you all from this inapplicable situation you all had if you're going to answer everything I will ask then..." While everyone waiting for his upcoming words, he glances at me when my curiosity looked at his suit. His state doesn't even real to me this time. There's no wounds, stains, or ripped part of it. He looked completely different and alive.

Who are you, Mr. Langdon?

"I will decide who will stay or come with me to Sanctuary" and with that words coming from him, everyone thinks they have their hopes in Michael's blue eyes. I assume there's a three Outpost and those two ran out and this is the remaining place to live. It's quite possible that this man can go through this place without any marks on his body or difficult situation. How this man can survive alone and discovered the Sanctuary by all himself?

After Man's announcement, everyone starts talking about it. Filled with joy and hope that they can leave this place and survive for another year when his interview started this day. However, the feeling of heaviness comes upon me whenever I remember his face looked at me this earlier. He's not ordinary like the others. There's something improper with those words coming from his lip and eyes. Seems emotionless for me and unreliable to me. I stop my wide thoughts about the man when Ms. Venable's palm peck on my cheeks. Turning it to a redden tomato for a little.

"Is there something bothering you, missy?" But her soft tone soothes the trouble in my head. I sigh for a second before I could look at her complexion focusing on me. She's been changing her atmosphere these days.

"Mr. Langdon, he is...I don't know. Can he really save us from this?" Even Ms. Venable can't explain who is Mr. Langdon. She sits in front of me when we're both acknowledging what's going in this place. She doesn't seem fine with though with her lip shifting to a bitter deepen smile.

"I'm not really sure about it, (Y/N). All I can say now is he must be one of the representatives of the cooperative. This is confusing though I never heard anything about him" and with that, we both look at each other's eyes like we knew something but then someone knocks on Ms. Venable's door.

Ms. Venable stands irritatedly and walks through the door, unlocking it then she seeks in outside. We both feel relieved when Ms. Venable reveals the person who knows on her door. It was Ms. Mead, looking for us.

"(Y/N), Mr. Langdon is waiting. Patiently." I realized that it's my turn to talk to him in private. Ms. Venable looked worried by seeing her eyes appearing how unwell she was in this situation. I walk towards them both, excusing myself to take a moment with this man they're talking about. I take a deep breath before I could reach his office. I can feel the atmosphere is unusual and somehow it's gloomy when he arrived here.

There's something wrong with that man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Sorry for updating so late. I don't have internet this month that's why this happens to me. Have a safe day for reading and voting. Merry Christmas.